Why become a member? ×

Simple-to-use gigging multi-effects pedal?

Pirellithecat

1 hour ago, Pirellithecat said:

I suspect I need the maximum number of foot switches so that I can avoid having to scroll through settings/menus whilst playing live.   i.e. a "Stomp Version". 
So it's a limited number of specific effects and a limited number of "scenes". I'm a little concerned about scrolling through menus to get to the correct scene between songs/verse/chorus/intro/outro during a gig. 

Hence my suggestion of the B3n - the flappy paddles at the front enable you to move between banks and patches. Press right-hand paddle to switch between patch selection and stompbox modes, when in patch selection mode the middle and left-hand paddles let you move up and down banks and the footswitches allow you to select one of the three patches in that bank. You can leave it in that mode, so you can swap between the three patches with the footswitches, or put it into stompbox mode, so you can switch individual effects in the patch off and on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bass Culture said:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned either of the TC Plethora models.  I'm an effects numptie though, so maybe they are lacking something the OP is specifically looking for?

I have the x3 and while it took me a while to get my head around it, i absolutely love it.

I do think the lack of any synth/envelope and no fuzz/OD turns some people off, but thatxis exactly why i bought it. 

Im pairing it with a fistortion and a C4 to give me everything i need in a mini board.

• Like 2

On my small board I use a Plethora X3 for modulation/octave/tuner with a Two Notes Revolt for EQ and OD, and an Ampeg Opto Comp. Appreciate this is not a true multi-fx solution, but the hybrid of 3-channel tube pre and multi-fx means lots of flexibility with minimal menu scrolling and more stomping. I don't get along with the Hypergravity on the Plethora, hence the separate comp; if you did then that's just two pedals. Both the Revolt and Plethora come with their respective power supplies. You also have aux in, phones and DI out on the Revolt. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tobiewharton said:

On my small board I use a Plethora X3 for modulation/octave/tuner with a Two Notes Revolt for EQ and OD, and an Ampeg Opto Comp. Appreciate this is not a true multi-fx solution, but the hybrid of 3-channel tube pre and multi-fx means lots of flexibility with minimal menu scrolling and more stomping. I don't get along with the Hypergravity on the Plethora, hence the separate comp; if you did then that's just two pedals. Both the Revolt and Plethora come with their respective power supplies. You also have aux in, phones and DI out on the Revolt. 

I am doing basically the same thing but with an added C4 synth pedal

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 21/12/2023 at 21:15, funkydoug said:

As for the idea of an analogue-like multi FX, I’d love to try an ME90 on bass and wish Boss would make an ME90b, or similar.

My other shouts would be zoom g11, or a matching set of analogue pedals like the Aguilar or EBS range. Thats not quite the same thing but it’s what I’ve done while I wait for Boss to release something bass compatible like an ME90b.

Apparently BOSS were listeening!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, glassmoon said:

Apparently BOSS were listeening!

I’ll take full credit for this then! Ha! 

Seriously though, this is the exact pedal I’ve been hoping for. Thanks for spotting it and posting here. 

• Like 1