Why become a member? ×

Hi from France !

Charlie C

Hello I’m Charlie, a 57-year-old self-taught bassist passionate about rock and progressive music from the 60s to today who lives in the south-west of France. My free time is mainly devoted to my current group activity through covers by Janis Joplin. 
Over the years, I have collected several instruments including a beautiful Fender Precision bass from 1966, a James Trussart steelcaster bass, a Ritter R8, a Le Fay herr swartz 4 strings and a Vigier arpège VP4 from 1986. 
I appreciate the beautiful instruments and would not be against acquiring a Wal bass in the near future. I played for a long time on an Ampeg SVT but for a few years I use lighter amps Markbass or Tecamp. 
Curious by nature, I'm interested in all the information about our favorite instrument and ready to share my modest knowledge if it is useful to someone. 

Happy to join your community! 

• Like 5

On 06/12/2023 at 15:08, Charlie C said:

... a beautiful Fender Precision bass from 1966, a James Trussart steelcaster bass, a Ritter R8, a Le Fay herr swartz 4 strings and a Vigier arpège VP4 ....

Welcome aboard! :crigon_04:

Photos please - that's a lovely collection .