Why become a member? ×

1983 Mk1 Wal Custom Fretless

alanbass1

Well, I'm definately not a fretless player and I have my eye on another bass so have decided to see if there is any interest in this bass. Olive ash facing's on a mahogany core, ebony fretboard. Has the hallmarks of a well played but looked after 26 year old bass. Comes with original case but the latches are broken - not sure if they are reparable. I got this from Beedster in a trade - I had over £2k into the two basses I traded. Looking for £1900.

Hope Beedster don't mind that I'm using his photo's:

Edited by alanbass1

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='484275' date='May 10 2009, 12:58 PM']Beautiful example and, if you haven't done so already, I would recommend posting it up on the Walbassesnaturally forum on Yahoo Groups as well.

Am happy to do that for you if like?

Good luck with the sale![/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I have just posted a message there.

Edited by alanbass1

Arghh! Where was this last month when I was looking for something to spend my bonus on? (Now sadly spent on 'kitchen stuff')

If you've still got it in a few days I might just crumble anyway...but good luck with the sale!

Edited by jonsmith

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='alanbass1' post='500548' date='May 29 2009, 08:01 AM'][/quote]

Very nice bass... I would buy it immediately if it was a fretted one or if I could manage to find a suitable fretted neck for it :)

[quote name='djc63' post='500211' date='May 28 2009, 08:17 PM']Lovely bass mate, but I think you mean "26 years old!"[/quote]

Good spot.

***SOLD PENDING THE USUAL - THANKS ED***

Edited by alanbass1

• 3 months later...