Why become a member? ×

PENDING - Ashdown CTM300 all valve bass amp head -bargain price for a quick sale! - *SOLD*
£850
West Raynham (near Fakenham) Norfolk.

Painy

I can't believe I'm putting my dream amp up for sale but since my band has recently upgraded our PA and started using in ear monitoring, I'm finding that the little CTM30 I also own is more than adequate for my gigging needs - and Christmas and car repairs on the way are helping me make up my mind sadly.

If you don't already know, this amp is an absolute monster - incredibly loud and powerful and the tone is just astounding. Yes it's heavy but it's still manageable for one person and there is just no comparison in the sound to lighter solid state and class D amps.

It's in full working order and overall good condition with a couple of minor scuffs and nicks in the tolex covering but nothing very noticeable (see photos)

These are currently £2599 direct from Ashdown so this is a chance to get your hands on a top quality amp for a fraction of the price.

Collection only or I'd be willing to deliver within 50 miles of Fakenham in Norfolk at 20p per mile.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Information below is taken straight from the Ashdown website.

The Ashdown CTM-300 stands as a testament to the timeless allure of classic tube heads, while embracing the demands of modern bassists. This 300W valve masterpiece is meticulously hand built in the UK's Ashdown Custom Shop, ensuring top-notch quality and reliability.

Housed within an 18mm Marine grade birch ply cabinet, the CTM-300 boasts rugged construction, complete with heavy-duty flip-style handles and an internal fan for optimal cooling during those relentless gigging sessions. This amplifier is engineered for longevity, utilizing only the finest components to guarantee years of trouble-free performance.

At its core, the CTM-300 features a classic five-valve preamp configuration and a robust power section powered by six KT88 output tubes, delivering the immense grunt, warmth, and headroom that bassists crave. Whether you're seeking the mellow tones of the '60s, the growling power of '70s rock, or the contemporary punch of today, this amp covers a vast spectrum of sonic ground. Engage the Mellow button for smooth, warm, clean tones, or push it out to achieve pure valve-driven growl.

With standard tone controls and additional features like Deep, Mid Shift, and Bright switches, you can fine-tune your sound to perfection. The interactive nature of these controls allows you to sculpt your tone precisely as you envision it.

The CTM-300's user-adjustable bias for each individual power tube saves you the hassle and cost of tech visits while ensuring your amp maintains its peak performance. You can easily set the bias by using the dual-function VU meter on the front panel, which also indicates tube or fuse failure. Speaking of tubes, they are individually fused and user-replaceable without removing the unit from its case.

For studio and stage versatility, the CTM-300 features a tube-driven, transformer-derived DI output with an isolated ground for pristine sound quality and consistent output. Additionally, the front-mounted effects loop, also tube-driven, preserves your tone for maximum impact.

In summary, the Ashdown CTM-300 is not just an amplifier; it's a powerful statement of sonic craftsmanship, combining the best of the past with the demands of the present. Elevate your bass game with this tube-driven masterpiece.

PXL_20231023_134145890.jpg

PXL_20231023_134204363.jpg

PXL_20231023_134150586.jpg

PXL_20231023_134225312.jpg

Edited by Painy
  • Like 6

• Painy changed the title to PENDING - Ashdown CTM300 all valve bass amp head -bargain price for a quick sale!
  • Painy changed the title to SOLD - Ashdown CTM300 all valve bass amp head -bargain price for a quick sale!