Why become a member? ×

Bass novice from the South Wales border!

Bass Novice

Hi all, I have been lurking on this forum for a while and so thought I may as well join in and contribute to the fun!

I have been playing bass for about 9/10 months and completed my grade 1 a few months ago. I am hoping to do my grade 3 early next year. I am using a Squier precision bass and Fender amp. I also have a desktop PC with a Focusrite interface and Ableton DAW. my long term goal is to play in a couple of covers bands, one would be a ska/reggae/soul type band and the other would be a rock focused band.

Outside of bass I am also half-heartedly learning the Ukulele and Keyboard, I also have a few years experience learning the violin too, I just cant stop accumulating instruments that look fun to play!

• Like 2

Hi @Bass Novice, welcome, I wonder how long before you need a new name on here :biggrin:

I am also a learner (started in lockdown) and live near the Welsh borders in Tenbury Wells, just curious how you are learning - taking lessons? 

Personally I have found online lessons very helpful but also thrashing along to tunes on YouTube/Spotify, for the first year or so I played exclusively through my PC using a Focusrite 2i2 and through headphones but eventually got a head unit and cab - I found playing out loud made things a lot more enjoyable (other family members might be a bit more neutral on that, lol)

J

• Haha 1

On 14/11/2023 at 16:10, Bass Novice said:

Hi all, I have been lurking on this forum for a while and so thought I may as well join in and contribute to the fun!

Welcome to the forum! I too am in south east Wales (Chepstow), if you're nearby feel welcome to get in touch if you'd like to jam sometime,