Why become a member? ×

F/S 1993 MIJ Squier Silver Series Precision bass with upgrades - *SOLD*
£300
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

Now sold peeps.

I am making a determined effort to sell a couple of basses that are no longer getting the use that they deserve.  A more modest offering here with a Japanese made Squier from 1993.  Good little bass this that served me well but my Limelight Lee Sklar replica is now being used a lot and this bass needs a new loving owner.

Cracking little P bass this with a a few upgrades.  Firstly a Bareknuckle '58 Pickup and also a Kiogon loom.  The knobs are also not original but are really lightweight aluminium items.

The bass plays very nicely and has a few marks commensurate with its age.  The neck has worn to a lovely silky finish now and is a pleasure to move about on.  The bass is a very comfortable 8lbs 3oz, or 3.7kgs in modern money.

Priced at £300 that I think is very fair considering the upgrades.  I have the original pickup and loom too and these will come with the bass along with a gig bag.

Here are a few pics.  Black basses are a bit of a sod to photograph but I've done my best.  Let me know if you want any more detail on anything, or indeed if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking in.

Edited by ead
  • Like 12

This used to be mine. Great bass for a fantastic price. 

I just wanted to add that I’m fairly sure the pickguard is the original as when I bought it, the chap I bought it from purchased it new and assured me it was stock.

GLWTS

Edited by NoirBass
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sharkfinger said:

That looks like a good, honest, hardworking bass. The price sounds more than fair for a Jap squier with upgraded electronics.

Thanks, that is spot on.  It's done a good few gigs and records very nicely.

• Woodinblack changed the title to F/S 1993 MIJ Squier Silver Series Precision bass with upgrades
  • Woodinblack unlocked this topic

Relisted.  Also re-weighed as when I looked at the listing it didn't look right.  This is a very comfortable bass.

• ead changed the title to SOLD 1993 MIJ Squier Silver Series Precision bass with upgrades