Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Sandberg California II Lionel VS4 P Bass in Hardcore aged Shell Pink with upgraded pickup - *SOLD*
£1750

Old Horse Murphy

This is a reluctant sale and one I'm really not sure about, but having moved away from short scale basses I thought I'd test the market. 

For sale is a Sandberg California II VM4 P Bass in hardcore aged shell pink. It comes with factory fitted dot inlays and an upgraded black label pickup (both optional extras). The body is alder and it has a gorgeous dark rosewood fingerboard that is a pleasure to play. The Sandberg gigbag, Allen keys and paperwork is also included. It's a 30" scale. 

I'm not a huge fan of the Sandberg P bass pickups as I find them very mid-light, so I swapped it out for an EMG Geezer Butler passive pickup and it sounds ace. The original wiring loom and pickup is also included and apart from having to cut a few wires to replace the pickup, no other modifications were required. 

This has been a dream to play and it has been gigged regularly but always well looked after. 

It weighs in at 7lbs 4oz. 

I paid £2,199 for this and while I was having back issues it really got me through some tough times. 

I'm looking for £1,600 picked up from near Monmouth or within an hour or so's drive but I'm also happy to post fully insured. 

I'm not looking for any trades thanks. 

IMG_5755.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5763.jpeg

IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg

IMG_0828.jpeg

IMG_0827.jpeg

IMG_0830.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Like 16

Dang!   I've a 34" Cali VS4 in aged sunburst and it is a superb instrument but I have to make adjustments when I swap back between that and my Lionel fretless.  This bass would make so much more sense but I'd need to try first I think and I'm miles from you near Newcastle!  :/

3 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Dang!   I've a 34" Cali VS4 in aged sunburst and it is a superb instrument but I have to make adjustments when I swap back between that and my Lionel fretless.  This bass would make so much more sense but I'd need to try first I think and I'm miles from you near Newcastle!  :/

Sorry, I don't think I'm near Newcastle this side of Christmas. 

• Sad 1

• Rich changed the title to For Sale: Sandberg California II Lionel VS4 P Bass in Hardcore aged Shell Pink with upgraded pickup
  • Rich unlocked this topic
  • Old Horse Murphy changed the title to Sold For Sale: Sandberg California II Lionel VS4 P Bass in Hardcore aged Shell Pink with upgraded pickup