Why become a member? ×

Who's finally happy with their rig?

I have a small collection of amps and cabs. For gigs I’ve been happily using Bergantino for about the last three years , and then last January added a tube preamp. My sound completely changed , and I love it. Funny because I had never been happier about things before I picked up the pre.

IMG_6801.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, msb said:

I have a small collection of amps and cabs. For gigs I’ve been happily using Bergantino for about the last three years , and then last January added a tube preamp. My sound completely changed , and I love it. Funny because I had never been happier about things before I picked up the pre.

IMG_6801.jpeg

That pre-amp is a real beauty queen

• Like 1

On 08/11/2023 at 22:43, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Listening back to the recording of Saturday's gig, I came to the realisation that I am finally happy with my bass gear — at least for now.

Isn't there a tad of irony in your first paragraph given the title of the thread? Especially the last four words😉

That translates to "It'll do for now but I'm sure there's something better out there"😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msb said:

IMG_6801.jpeg

I hate to tell you this, but I think your budgie has escaped

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I looked at Monique for years before I finally picked one up. At first I thought the bamboo box was the one , but the more I looked at the birdcage , the more I realized it was the one for me.

No regrets after getting it , it completely changes the character of the Forte , I go in the effect return and really just use the back end. I love what it does. 
While I was waiting for mine to arrive I mentioned in another forum that one was on the way , and quickly got an email from Jule himself. He thought he might have lost an order and wanted me to know that he would “make everything ok”. I told him that I had found a used one , and he said I could have kept him going for a while there …

So I like Jule. 
On one gig a while back I somehow forgot to pack Monique. I was fine just running the Forte for the night , but really missed how Monique changes things.

I haven’t forgotten her since.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thump said:

I guess i'm happy with mine these days. My new Ibanez btb805ms straight into my new Orange crush 100. It makes the sound i hear in my head if that makes any sense 🤷‍♂️

Every Amp when you play it is the 'Sound you hear in your Head'😆

• Like 1

I spend most of my playing time on my practice rigs , and have two. As we help my mother-in-law I have one at her place , it gets the most use. I wanted something small , to be used at a quiet volume. And it has evolved over the last three years. I have a (new to me) Phil Jones Bighead headphone amp for learning new material , and a little Darkglass e500 into a Phil Jones C2 cab. The e500 has a software suite with about two dozen pedals and effects in it. So it’s fun.

Home is a simple Aguilar 350 plugged into a SL112. I do not turn it up much. Although I could certainly rattle the neighbour’s windows if I wanted to. I keep my practice rigs totally self contained so I don’t have to touch anything when I throw the gig rig in the car for the drive downtown. 
Three very different sounding rigs , but I appreciate that they are quite different. 
And have other amps and cabs that occasionally get brought out and plugged in , but I should trim those down.

IMG_9504.jpeg

IMG_8510.jpeg

• Like 2