Why become a member? ×

NAD - Tecamp Puma 900

neepheid

My amp died last week, so I needed a new amp at pretty short notice.  A local BCer kindly loaned me this Tecamp Puma 900 for my gigs last weekend and casually mentioned in passing that he might be interested in selling it.  Fait accompli...

TecampPuma900inbag.jpg.a2cb37011af2fda1ab6625924fd8355a.jpg

TecampPuma900front.jpg.8fa10741d259de4ab1524d454ec2036f.jpg

Heaps of power/headroom, really punchy sound, simple controls, that Taste knob is a fantastic contour control - a little adjustment on it dialled the "boxiness" out of the sound of the single 12" cab right out of it into the kind of thick, hefty but defined tone I was looking for.  And yes, that's where the master volume was for the gig on Saturday...

• Like 4

Cracking amps. I kept mine when I sold the BB2 and went to a combo, and it's getting used with a BC house jam microcab 6" cab now.

I thought mine might have got hot and shut down (I was wrong, it was the 4x10 cab I had at the time blowing a speaker or two) and Thomas Eich helped me with fitting a small fan inside which the later Puma 900s have. I don't think it was necessary, as it turns out.

FanPuma900.JPG.14bf1e9425e863578b7b2165707815d1.JPG

• Like 2

Amazing little units, I tried loads of class D stuff before I got mine but nothing compares for me. Sharp, punchy and powerful. I’ve heard people describe them as ‘sterile’ but that’s where the taste control comes in. Would like to compare an Eich T900 though, out of curiosity. 
you won’t go far wrong with a puma., enjoy it and happy playing 😊

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tubbybloke68 said:

Amazing little units, I tried loads of class D stuff before I got mine but nothing compares for me. Sharp, punchy and powerful. I’ve heard people describe them as ‘sterile’ but that’s where the taste control comes in. Would like to compare an Eich T900 though, out of curiosity. 
you won’t go far wrong with a puma., enjoy it and happy playing 😊

It was anything but sterile last weekend, sound impressed the hell out of me - thick but punchy and clear, really authoritative, I really enjoyed my sound with the Puma.

While in some ways I would hope that things have moved on with the Eich, I don't think it would be an awful outcome if it is basically a Puma with a ground lift switch added to the DI out in a different case...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, neepheid said:

.... and casually mentioned in passing that he might be interested in selling it.  Fait accompli...

Ah you fell for that old sales scam.....er I mean I'm glad you like it and hope you have lots of fun with it. 🤣 It's a powerhouse in a small package 👍

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 07/11/2023 at 14:58, tauzero said:

Cracking amps. I kept mine when I sold the BB2 and went to a combo, and it's getting used with a BC house jam microcab 6" cab now.

I thought mine might have got hot and shut down (I was wrong, it was the 4x10 cab I had at the time blowing a speaker or two) and Thomas Eich helped me with fitting a small fan inside which the later Puma 900s have. I don't think it was necessary, as it turns out.

FanPuma900.JPG.14bf1e9425e863578b7b2165707815d1.JPG

Out of curiosity, what poweramp is that? 250asx2?