Why become a member? ×

Idiot Pedal Question....

spongebob

Please excuse my lameness on this....

I'm never been a pedal user, but have recently been dipping my toe in the water. Using a Dunlop phaser, and now an Electro Harmonix chorus.

I run the phaser lead in, lead out to amp. The EH has got an Amp, and Input socket. Am I right that I can just run a patch cable from the phaser to the input socket? Then amp to the...amp?

Also, I can power one with a 9v cable, that will do both?

I know it's mad, but after years of plug and go, I'm entering a new and exciting world! 

• Like 1

I’d assume Amp is just a regular output, just an odd choice of label.

You can daisy chain one or multiple pedals if you have a power supply that has the connections. Just make sure they’re all the 9v and presumably centre negative.

Daisy chaining pedals is fine but as you start introducing more you may start to notice more noise etc which is usually where a more fancy isolated power supply comes in handy. It really depends on the specific pedals and supply etc though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two pedals is about my limit for wanting to plug in a bunch of stuff. Three = a board. Life is so much easier. 

Then I made a bigger board and had issues with the aforementioned power noises.

More lately I made another smaller board.

Boards are great!

You don't need to spend sfa on them just tie the pedals down any old how. Spend the money on a really good true iso power supply first. There are cheap ones that are not true iso even though they claim to be.

You're probably going to ignore me and then you will come to remember when you get your first buzz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1