Why become a member? ×

Leather straps and sweat stains

Pow_22

So im a big fan of Rupert Breedons leather straps (bear straps) but recently at hotter/sweatier shows ive noticed my sweat is leaving dark stains on the shoulder of the straps.  These straps are hand carved and the bag is not lined, it is just bare suede.  Ive seen online about leather conditioners/sealants that suggest they waterproof leather and as such could stop sweat stains.  Has anybody else had this issues on leather straps or any experience of using one of the many conditioners out there?

Can’t help with conditioners etc. except what I use on the car seats, probably not what you’re looking for. But I’ve used a leather strap  for many years and I can’t say I’ve noticed a problem like you describe. Is there something special or unusual about the straps?

Rapide leathercreme, Urad  is a reputable brand too. Wipe some on with your fingers, let sit for 5-10 minutes, wipe off with a rag (old t-shirt or like). The leather May look wet for a bit bit it'll absorb all the nourishment after a bit. 00004403W-1_506001091.jpeg.f09209d635de8b2b81bf688586baf50f.jpeg