Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 800 Combo (Not The Stage Version) Your Thoughts Please

thebrig

Has anyone got the new Fender Rumble 800 Combo?

I purchased one a few months ago but not long after, my band split up so I never got to gig it.

It sounds great playing through it at home at low volume, but I'm interested to know what it sounds like in a live situation, so if anyone has one and has gigged it, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by thebrig

• thebrig changed the title to Fender Rumble 800 Combo (Not The Stage Version) Your Thought Please
  • thebrig changed the title to Fender Rumble 800 Combo (Not The Stage Version) Your Thoughts Please

Warren Murrel, bass player with Robert Jon & the Wreck, used the 500w version on their last two UK tours. I had the pleasure of sitting virtually in front of it at a recent show and it was sounding mighty. 

I've been using a 500C for several years now with a 6 pc.  Plenty of volume.  I also have a BFM Simplexx 1x15 cabinet that I built and loaded with an Eminence 3015 neo.  I built it so I could sit the 500C on its' side on top of it.  I use this combination when I'm outside.  The 15 doesn't really color the tone it just seems to reinforce the bottom end and adds quite a bit of headroom.  Do I really need it?  No but, it is nice to have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got one just before Christmas. Sounded great. However, took it to rehearsal last night and it packed up after 20 minutes. Fuming is an understatement.

Back it goes!

Edited by Heathy