Why become a member? ×

FS: 1977-78 Fender Musicmaster rare wine red
£950
Wantage, Oxfordshire

Cobretti

https://imgur.com/a/B85pNMl

I bought this stunner off a very pleasant forum member recently @RaNoFuNkY, but after a series of unfortunate circumstances I am cleaned out financially. Which is a shame because it is definitely one of the finest vintage Fender short scales I have played. Had so many compliments about the sound/vibe of it after a recent gig. I'm resigned to taking a bit of a hit financially for a quick sale so £950 including UK shipping is what I am asking for. Given the wine red colour is rare, and compared to prices on Reverb for this model and colour that is a lot of vintage Fender goodness for the cash.

I will quote @RaNoFuNkY here for the rundown for his eloquent summary, but I definitely concur that this is one of the best Mustang/Musicmasters I have played from this golden era:

"This one has had the pickup upgraded (to a Lace Sensor I believe), which I really like. However, the original pickup is also included in the sale for the vintage enthusiast (and, it certainly does have its own charm). I have owned mustangs (new and vintage, with and without a bridge J pickup) - all of which I have moved on and kept this.

These are great fun, and seem to be all the rage considering their humble origins. Possibly Nick Campbell has helped. This has a decent range of sounds with the tone pot - a nice P-like aggression down to some classic motown-ish thump when thumbed. I have deliberately kept this with old roundwound strings as I use it for the latter. I've gigged with it, but never in anger.

It's in really great shape for a 45 year old bass. There are 3 thin scratches which can only really be seen at certain angles/lighting and I have tried to show this in the pictures. There are other small knocks, and a nice patina to the neck + hardware. This adds to the vintage charm. The colour is a nice "wine red", and the grain shows through nicely."

Thanks folks. And by the way it comes with a Fender soft case and will be packed safely for shipping :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...