Why become a member? ×

Fishman Platinum Stage Pro

Rodders

Anyone used this? I'm looking for an all in one solution that isn't too complex (for me anyway). It has an adjustable HPF that appeals to me and I can also DI out of it and select and boost the mid frequencies that I want. So seems to fit the bill. I've no need for drive or built in compressor. 

Keen to hear any experience of using this live, in pubs/clubs/at festivals etc.

Thanks All.

The Platinum Stage and Pro are two different units, the Stage is more compact and lightweight (with a belt/strap clip) whereas the Pro is a floor unit with a nice screen for the inbuilt tuner and footswitches for mute and signal boost. The Stage has all the features you mention so the only difference for you would be the 3 position HPF on the Stage (40hz, 80hz & 160hz) vs the potentiometer on the Pro.

They both sound great, I have both and use the Pro live at every gig. The Stage is used at home but I'd have no qualms about using it live if it had a mute and tuner function.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lemmywinks said:

The Platinum Stage and Pro are two different units, the Stage is more compact and lightweight (with a belt/strap clip) whereas the Pro is a floor unit with a nice screen for the inbuilt tuner and footswitches for mute and signal boost. The Stage has all the features you mention so the only difference for you would be the 3 position HPF on the Stage (40hz, 80hz & 160hz) vs the potentiometer on the Pro.

They both sound great, I have both and use the Pro live at every gig. The Stage is used at home but I'd have no qualms about using it live if it had a mute and tuner function.

Quite correct, I’m talking about the Pro.

Thanks very much gents for your replies, the Platinum Pro EQ is a big chunk of money to spend but it looks as if it does everything I need and more, I could possibly dispense with my pedalboard..

Do the knobs/dials press in so that they don't move once set? Couldn't be sure from the photos but its really cool if that is the case.

Hi - I use the platinum pro with my double bass and in when doing pit work...I find its a great way of having tone shaping and filters, compressor, DI and tuner in one sturdy box.

The knobs don't press in but I have never had a problem with them moving.

• Like 1