Why become a member? ×

Wall mount Guitar Hangers

petetexas

Hi,

Anyone found a wall guitar hanger that does not react on contact points with GIBSON basses, and cause the Lacquer to melt?

My LP Tribute has now got to go to my local Guitar tech to be repaired.

Does not happen with my FENDERS, GUILD or TOKAI !

Pete

9 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Hence the term "supposed to be". 

I needed a new stand, so took to the t'interweb to find something that was nitro-friendly for the Ric. The only one I could find that was reasonably priced was the Hercules.

4 hours ago, Skybone said:

Hence the term "supposed to be". 

I needed a new stand, so took to the t'interweb to find something that was nitro-friendly for the Ric. The only one I could find that was reasonably priced was the Hercules.

The tip I heard from a luthier was to put some silk between the foam and neck.

Not a Hercules stand, but I bought a multi-guitar hanger a while ago that had a warning about possible reactions with nitrocellulose. I cut up some old jeans and got the sewing machine out to make some mini "jeans legs" to slip over the hanger forks. (I even used orange thread :D). It might not be quite as easy on a Hercules auto-grip stand though 

Don't believe HerculeIes's BS about being safe for the finish.

have a hercules stand with the same grabby head piece they use on their wall hangers.

I had one of my JMJ mustangs with roadworn nitro finish, and the grabby bit of the stand reacted with the finish of the neck where it held it.

As it is a roadworn bass and I caught it early it's not a massive deal, but I now use use a t-shirt over the stand so it doesn't directly touch the bass.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

• 4 weeks later...