Why become a member? ×

In the past I've not been averse to supporting builders/ traders on this forum. 

I've got 3 basses built or worked on basses from @Andyjr1515, bought two lightty up things from @bertbass amongst others.

This time I've been lucky enough to acquire a beautiful (aesthetically and performing) blue 5er from our own @Lukasz Chyla which he had advertised on ebay. 

Being familiar with his work from here I was able to contact Lukasz and we negotiated a deal that we were both happy with.  I maintain that I am the happier of the two and I think you will see why from the photos (or in person at the forthcoming SE Bash).

Fit and finish is as good as anything you'll get from a high production manufacturer and it feels top quality in your hands.

No hint of neck dive,  super smooth neck,  excellent set up and action. 

Some under-rate the Wilkinson pickups - I have no problem with them - I think that they represent great vfm and I challenge anybody else to pick them out as budget pickups in the mix.

As I said,  this will be attending the SE Bash along with the @Jabba_the_gut short scale - both will be available to try so attendees can get an idea of the quality of products being built in this community. 

20231004_111723.jpg

20231004_111703.jpg

20231004_111656.jpg

20231004_111631.jpg

20231004_111623.jpg

20231004_111616.jpg

20231004_111610.jpg

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 17

• TheGreek changed the title to New (BCMB) Bass Day

I saw one of Lukasz' creations on eBay just last week, a lefty in matte black with an MM pickup. The design isn't for me (strong Ritter vibes, but less elegant), but they do look well-made and well-designed. Enjoy! 

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Thanks 1

I don't usually gravitate towards that style of bass but that is lovely. Wilkinson pickups are very underrated , 99% of people would not be able to tell they were "budget" pickups if the covers were unbranded. The one i have in my HB P is huge sounding.

• Like 1