Why become a member? ×

wireless

beastie

Hi,
Lokking at getting a wireless system does anyone have any reconmendations for make and specs and pricess as i dont know where start i have read the various forum links on wireless but there dont seem to be any recomended makes and models
REGARDS
Gary

I use a samson airline or something. It's got a wee bug for your bass and prety small reciever - sorta like an fx pedal in size.
I got mine for somethin really lowish on ebay.

One thing about it though - if your jack is on the bottom you might want to get a cable to plug the bug into - then stick that in your bass.
I had to do that with my stingray in my old band, it kept sliding out with intense movement.

If you're on a budget the Samson Airline is a good option. Mine has never failed.

If you're a sweaty jumping around kind of person like me the bugs that attach to the body of your bass might work better than belt packs (can fill with sweat or the lead from bass to belt pack fail).

i heartily recommend the Nady encore 200 Bass system.
it's a belt pack type system, but sounds absolutely massive.
all the other systems i've used - Sennheiser Freeport and ew100, Audio Technica, Akg have all lost some oomph in the bottom end. Not so with the Nady. it sounds fantastic!
retails around the £100 mark.
well worth checking out!

Thanks all for the info at least i have some where to start i will be useing it with my gb so i need to test it out so that i dont loss that gb sound
yet again i just shows what a great site this is
hats off to you all
Gary

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='491502' date='May 18 2009, 04:06 PM']Where did you get it from? I'm after one too and I can't seem to find one online in the UK.[/quote]

Amazon have a four guitar one for £130 [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nady-uhf-guitar-wireless-system/dp/B001OIK7LO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242664644&sr=8-1"]here[/url]

[quote name='bythesea' post='491636' date='May 18 2009, 05:40 PM']Amazon have a four guitar one for £130 [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nady-uhf-guitar-wireless-system/dp/B001OIK7LO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242664644&sr=8-1"]here[/url][/quote]

It's the Encore 200 bass-specific one I was after. I've just ordered one from the Bass Merchant-£100. Should be here tomorrow, I'm told.

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='492672' date='May 19 2009, 08:45 PM']It's the Encore 200 bass-specific one I was after. I've just ordered one from the Bass Merchant-£100. Should be here tomorrow, I'm told.[/quote]
Sounds good - will be interested to know how you get on with it.

Well, used it for one rehearsal and one gig, and it was fantastic-running all over the stage, sounding great. At soundcheck for another gig, suddenly started getting dropouts in the sound. Close examination revealed that the end had fallen off the jackplug which connected to the bass. Thankfully it hadn't come off inside, and my daughter found it on the floor. Several attempts to reattach it failed, and I ended up doing that one on a good old fashioned cable.
Chris at the Bass Merchant has been very good, and is giving me a refund with no quibbles, but I can't recommend the Nady on my experience. Chris recommends the Samson 'bug' style, but can't get hold of them at the moment. Back to the drawing board.