Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Standard

Bassistclem

Hi Basschatters.

I am looking at a 2000 Fender Jazz standard bass that unusually has blocks and binding. The bass has the silver logo rather than the black usually found on 70 reissue models. Not got the serial number yet to run it through the database. 

Has anyone come across this before on a USA standard model?

Cheers

Edited by Bassistclem
Spelling

Well after a quick look on the sellers FB page I see a pic of him playing the same bass with a different neck on it. I say "same bass" unless he had another with exactly the same ash wood grain. Think if you're going to lie about what you're selling try at least to make the thing look authentic ffs 🤣

• Like 2

The serial number doesn't appear on the Fender lookup but basses either side of it are AM Standard Jazz models black with rosewood necks and most likely white pickguards. Serial ending 815/816 don't bring up anything. The body does look AM Standard of the time, its string through and the bridge is period correct for the year 2000. Its the stubby AM Standard through hole bent plate one with three groove saddles. The neck also looks AM standard and the truss adjuster is in the right place. The machines are period correct. The vendor is also including what looks like the original AM Standard parchment pickguard with the access cutout for truss adjuster. The strap locks are also period correct Schallers which were fitted on AM Standards of the time. The neck plate i'm not 100% sure about but think the corona stamped ones did start appearing on AM Standards from year 2000 onwards. Earlier late nineties Jazz had the big Fender logo stamped ones. A few questions the the owner might reveal if the blocks are peel off.   I suspect those block inlays as @AndyTravis mentioned might peel off easy enough to reveal the orignal dot inlays. With the tacky tort removed, and the block inlays peeled off, I suspect there is a nice and quite rare natural gloss finish year 2000 AM Standard Jazz bass lurking underneath.

• Like 1