Why become a member? ×

Anyone here played a venue called "Ronnie Roos" in Leicester?

chriswareham

A tribute act I'm in are booked to play Ronnie Roos in a few days time. We've just had a message from someone saying that they have replaced the original promoter since he was "doing a bad job". So far, so worrying. Now we've been asked if we'll be bring our own mixing desk and sound engineer, since the venue apparently doesn't have either...

I can't find much more than pictures or flyers when I search for the venue, including their own Facebook page. The best I can see is a couple of pictures of an unusual but decent looking venue with a bunch of adequate looking PA speakers to the sides of a low stage. So have any Basschatters played this venue recently, and if so what was the deal with the PA and sound engineer?

• Sad 1

I've attended as a customer and played an open mic. Your description of the PA setup is accurate and the sound wasn't great. There was no house amp and the bass signal was fed back through a very weak floor monitor (very little bass in the overall mix!) It honestly looked like there was a couple of kids behind the desk and it delivered a very echoey sound but maybe that's because its sort of outdoors. Does seem to be a well attended venue though, for what it's worth. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Nothing to do with Mick Mason is it? He 'promotes' tribute shows in Leicester and has a very poor reputation.

I'll check - I now recall the thread on here about that bloke.

4 hours ago, Jonse said:

I've attended as a customer and played an open mic. Your description of the PA setup is accurate and the sound wasn't great. There was no house amp and the bass signal was fed back through a very weak floor monitor (very little bass in the overall mix!) It honestly looked like there was a couple of kids behind the desk and it delivered a very echoey sound but maybe that's because its sort of outdoors. Does seem to be a well attended venue though, for what it's worth. 

Thanks for the info. Our singer is the person that deals with the booking agencies and promoters, so I'm going to suggest that he contacts the promoter and makes it clear that unless a fully equipped PA and a sound engineer is provided that we'll be cancelling the show.