Why become a member? ×

'88 Warwick Streamer Stage II 4 string *SOLD*

warwickhunt

1988 Warwick Streamer Stage II (2)

This is arguably among one of the best Stage II basses that you will find this side of a CS... IMHO better!

1988 'reportedly' some of these early SSII bodies are Afzelia Pommelle/Bubinga Pommelle but I would be happier to just say that this is a stunning example of Afzelia! The body, neck and fingerboard are in fabulous condition for a 21 year old bass, with one small scratch to the lower horn which I couldn't even capture on camera.

The neck is the slimmer profile (obviously no volute @ this period) and the fingerboard edges are rolled as per the old vintage Fenders etc. Inlays etc are all excellent and the bass has never been mistreated or damaged in any way.

Pups are the original EMGs and the preamp is MEC. The output jack socket was replaced a couple of years ago, so no issues there. Nut is the original MkI brass 'adjust-a-nut'. Bridge and saddles are all adjustable with no seized or corroded parts.

This isn't desperation and I don't 'have' to sell any of my basses so I won't be giving them away, I simply don't play these as often as I used to. By all means PM me an offer and if you have a Sadowsky or similar quality 'downsized' Jazz, Precision or PJ bass then that may be of interest but NOT full sized heavy basses.

Edited by warwickhunt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The price is inclusive of a Musicman hardcase (logo impressed poly type) and FREE deliver... AND if you buy this before the Ltd Ed is sold then you can also have gratis a Warwick 25th Anniversary Leather Jacket (brand new with tags size M)! The jacket was won in a Warwick competition 18mths ago but the size was wrong for me and I couldn't get it exchanged; the jacket is at least £200+ on the Warwick site/shop!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='505266' date='Jun 4 2009, 09:14 AM']The price is inclusive of a Musicman hardcase (logo impressed poly type) and FREE deliver... AND if you buy this before the Ltd Ed is sold then you can also have gratis a Warwick 25th Anniversary Leather Jacket (brand new with tags size M)! The jacket was won in a Warwick competition 18mths ago but the size was wrong for me and I couldn't get it exchanged; the jacket is at least £200+ on the Warwick site/shop![/quote]

I'll sell the jacket on eBay and we'll call it £1400! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...