Why become a member? ×

Vocal Microphones, what are you using?

Phil Starr

On 23/09/2023 at 10:40, wateroftyne said:

I like the SE Electronics V7. Amazing bang for the buck.

https://seelectronics.com/products/v7/

These have a great reputation, though I've not tried one yet. £82 at Thomann, the alternatives in this price are possibly the Sontronics Solo £89, built like a Tank and the AKG D5 £77

51 minutes ago, Phil Starr said:

These have a great reputation, though I've not tried one yet. £82 at Thomann, the alternatives in this price are possibly the Sontronics Solo £89, built like a Tank and the AKG D5 £77

Sontronics do have the advantage for me that they are made in Poole and I can pop round for a cup of tea. Their support is second to none, both pre- and post-sale.

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 06:12, Chienmortbb said:

He deserves nothing more!

I have an old AKG with a three position tone switch . It has been dropped many times . When I let a guit player use it I tell them it cost more than a Shure.Not that I got it very used for $20 ! The Beatles used on their second US tour (with Vox Super Beatle Amps ) a dark colored SM 57 mic that screwed onto the mic stand. I have one of these and I am picky about who spits into it.