Why become a member? ×

Stingray Special colour options

ern500evo

Just been watching a comparison video on Low End Lobsters YouTube channel, and was wondering if the colour scheme on his 2018 Stingray Special is a US only colour. I’ve never seen one in this colour before, white with black plate, maple neck and all black hardware? It’s done me no favours with the Stingray GAS either! I think it looks great in that colour 

IMG_1574.jpeg

Edited by ern500evo
  • Like 2

White with white pg was definitely an option on pre-release (NB I ordered a Cruz teal 5 on the basis of this ad - by the time it arrived they’d changed the standard pg to white on this colour - so the details shown may have changed on release). I don’t remember what colour hardware was offered on the white one - the yellow was certainly black. The ad was circa NAMM 2018. 

IMG_3442.thumb.jpeg.e0991514cd0dabb81f3537db47faf195.jpeg

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I asked on the Stingray fb group and the original owner of that bass responded. He bought it brand new and spec’d it to have black hardware. They wouldn’t send him the black neck plate though as it had the serial number on. He had to send the bass back in to Music Man, they fitted the black plate, updated the serial number details on their system and then sent the bass back to him. 

• Thanks 1