Why become a member? ×

EHX Nano Clone Shell

Aussiephoenix

So... some time ago, while looking for another (specific) chorus, I rushed and bought an EHX Nano Clone.
Soon after, I primed the Bid button for that other chorus, and this one stayed in the box.
Nothing wrong with it, works well, but its bugging me that its just sitting there, so I've had it up for sale, but noone seems to want it.

So, Im considering other options.

the box is perfect for the space I have left in my pedalboard, and I need a nice Phaser, so...

Anyone know of a Phaser circuit that isnt too hard to put together (i'm only just good enough to solder and not burn my fingers or the components)
and that will fit in the Nano Shell?

Thx

Edited by Aussiephoenix

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='480080' date='May 5 2009, 04:52 PM']Just buy a Nano Small Stone phaser, I got mine for only £38 new online! You could try to build your own but it's a lot of components to squeeze onto a small board.[/quote]

+1

Mine was £40 delivered off here. Cracking little Phaser

Persevere with the sale of tour Nano Clone, someone will grab it! I sold my original Clone on here not so long ago

Bizarrely enough, I've been formulating a project for a small phaser along the lines of an MXR Phase 45 clone, following [url="http://ampage.org/schematics/mxrphase45.pdf"]an online schematic[/url]. But even something as simple as the 45 will be almost impossible to fit into a small box unless you can get a suitable PCB made up. I've tried to work out a veroboard circuit and it's a nightmare. I've designed what I think will be a suitable PCB, I've just got to get it made (without costing the earth).

It's not that hard to make a PCB on the cheap. You can use a special pen to draw the traces, or iron on a piece of transfer paper (glossy magazine paper in a laser printer works wonders apparently), then get some etching fluid and you're set! I will be going down this road once I've got a few fuzz circuits built up on breadboard...

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='479948' date='May 5 2009, 02:29 PM']So... some time ago, while looking for another (specific) chorus, I rushed and bought an EHX Nano Clone.
Soon after, I primed the Bid button for that other chorus, and this one stayed in the box.
Nothing wrong with it, works well, but its bugging me that its just sitting there, so I've had it up for sale, but noone seems to want it.

So, Im considering other options.

the box is perfect for the space I have left in my pedalboard, and I need a nice Phaser, so...

Anyone know of a Phaser circuit that isnt too hard to put together (i'm only just good enough to solder and not burn my fingers or the components)
and that will fit in the Nano Shell?

Thx[/quote]
phasers aren't that simple unfortunatly

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='480080' date='May 5 2009, 04:52 PM']Just buy a Nano Small Stone phaser, I got mine for only £38 new online! You could try to build your own but it's a lot of components to squeeze onto a small board.[/quote]

+1
Quite a bit to cram into such a small enclosure!
I also personally don't think it's that cost effective to build a phaser, though guess that also depends on how much you value your time.

Now, cloning 'boutique fuzzes' ; that's a different matter.... :)

Edited by nick

Building a decent phaser is a lot more difficult than building a fuzz,if you want a decent one you will need the right type of I.C. you will need to be pretty nifty at electronics to,also finding components in the uk for these projects is hard and you will need to know which ones you can substitute with maplin components. That is unless you order from a u.s. company like mouser who are better with this type of project.

Edited by YouMa