Why become a member? ×

Modulus Flea blue flake finish question

SurroundedByManatees

It took me a while, but I managed to find a nice flake finish Modulus again!

IMG_20230815_093542.thumb.jpg.2d7fcf7064983647a0562993ef1a23b0.jpgIMG_20230815_093444.thumb.jpg.02cb1cf7ecdb5697b9d9300cf93f5d93.jpg

This bass has been made in 2008 and was listed as a blue sparkle finished one. I thought it was just the lighting in the pictures making it a bit greener, but in real life, I can't find any trace of real blue. It looks rather like turquoise to me under any type of light. 

When googling for blue flake Modulus basses, this finish pops up sometimes as does the deeper blue ones. They seem quite different though. I couldn't find any specific info about turquoise type finishes.

Does anyone know: Did Modulus do some heavy variations on their "blue" color, or is this just a differently named finish? I'm tempted to think last, but can't find info/catalogs to verify this.

It's a beast by the way 🙂

• Like 2

@SurroundedByManatees

That’s a colour from 2008. I remember looking into this when I got a 2008 purple one. 

I had a pdf of the brochure but can’t find it, @hiram.k.hackenbackermay still have my paper copy? 

edit - may or may not been that brochure, was a while back, but I recall a print out stating green, orange and purple flake options, perhaps others too. 

Edited by Chiliwailer

Cool, I'd love to see an old brochure.

My blue one is probably the standard blue from the era, from looking at other daylight pics from fs ads they probably have used a few recipes for "blue" through the years. There is so much difference it can't be just lighting or so.

It seems like other flake colors than blue and silver are pretty rare, which likely has to do which what was seen onstage with Flea himself. A purple must be awesome... An orange would be superb as well.