Why become a member? ×

NBD: Yamaha TRBX304

OllieVT

Technically, it's NBAAMA (New Bass About A Month Ago), but it's my first ever bass, and my first jump into music making, so I'm still excited.  

I don't have the experience to make any sensible comparisons, but I'm very happy with it.  I tried a few in the store and this one seemed best to me, at least partly because I liked the shape and colour.  They set me up with a Fender Rumble 15 amp too, which also seems to do everything I want so far.  

In the short term, the plan is to play along with my 12yo as she learns the drums.  When she forms a band with younger, cooler people, I'll re-evaluate.

new_bass.png

• Like 11

Excellent choices! Good on you for taking the plunge and for supporting your daughter so proactively too. There's a near-infinite supply of knowledge and good will to share on here so don't hesitate to ask questions as you venture down the various rabbit holes that have ensnared us all. Best of luck with everything and, most of all, enjoy!

• Like 3