Why become a member? ×

Wireless Earbuds without mic ?

fleabag

Wireless ones that also have noise cancelling need a mic to control that feature. 

I have a great suspicion that the Non noise cancelling ones are actually the same, just with that bit of firmware turned off.

That would make scale manufacturing far easier - the internals of the products would all be the same.

If it helps - I have the Sony WF1000XM4 and I've been very impressed with them.

Sound is good, no dropouts. The noise cancelling works well and the buttons can be programed in the app.

There's even a clever thing that turns the NC on while sitting / standing, but allows ambient noise through when you start moving again.

I looked at those, but the amount of people that have moaned about the " speak to chat "  thingy put me off.

So i'm currently looking at the Sony WF-C700N which doesn't have that feature.

My only problem is how to pair any Bluetooth earbuds to our Yamaha Stagepas 1k  PA,   since you cant see a menu

I think the bluetooth on the stagepas is to recieve bluetooth audio from external devices , im not sure it  transmits any signal out via bluetooth to monitors etc.

i would like to know if anyone has used the stagepas successfuly with bluetooth in ear monitors.

regards

Jay

What about if i cabled an active Bluetooth monitor to our Stagepas monitor out, and then used BT earbuds to get audio from the active monitor  ?

It doesnt have to be the one on Amazon... just thinking if this would work

monitor.thumb.JPG.f9be6364fdb992a0be43a8f35bbd93ac.JPG

Edited by fleabag

Generally speaking, there is too much latency (roughly 34-200 milliseconds) in Bluetooth to work for live sound applications. The average person can notice around 13ms according to a quick Google search, almost tripling that will be really noticeable. If you want to go wireless, there are other solutions to go with wired buds that are made for the purpose. 

• Like 1

Thanks Michael

Latency ...Thats something else that didnt cross my mind, and looking at the specs of Bluetooth active monitors,  the one above on Amazon says it's a BT receiver, which i assume is the same as "input only " like the Stagepas, so that option appears to be scuppered even before latency reared it's ugly head

I think i'm just going to get a small powered monitor and forget wireless of any kind, especially as i didnt want in ears to start with, because i tried IEMs and i didnt get on with them.  Just dont like stuff in my shell likes

IEMs are great (when well set up) but Bluetooth is completely inadequate for them. The latency is way beyond anything vaguely acceptable for monitoring live performance. 

If you could do it with cheap Bluetooth buds, everyone would be doing it instead of spending hundreds on proper radio systems. 

• Like 1