Why become a member? ×

Gemini Pickups

mike 110

These folks ?

https://www.geminipickups.co.uk/

Very good - I've used both their guitar and bass pickups and I've been very pleased.

I've a set of Dawn Lightnings in one of my jazz basses - a lovely, slightly mellower sound than your usual jazz units. I think they're great.

Their Degenerate SB 'EMG'-style (with one of the coils hotter than the other) is a really nice passive pickup with a more focused sound than your usual humbucker - iirc correctly they accentuated the difference in windings for me to allow them to be coil-tapped for a jazz pickup tone. Huge improvement over the EMG-HZs I was replacing.

I've also fitted a couple of my friends' guitars with their mini humbuckers and it was smiles all round.

Nice folks to deal with too.

HTH

Edited by ahpook

I have their Degenerate TB pickup and Surfrider single coil in my Mustang bass. I went for Gemini because I had a chat with the owner on Facebook and he was helpful in advising me which combo to go for. They came really nicely packaged and the pickups themselves are great quality - @Andyjr1515 who fitted them mentioned that they were very nicely made. I'm really REALLY happy with the sound of them both. Even right up agains the bridge the Surfrider is really high output and thick sounding. They blend together really well and I couldn't be happier. The lead time for the pickups to be made is (or was) quite short and I believe they were delivered earlier than expected.

• Like 2

I have a set of Wave Rider's in a Rickenfaker, fabulous sounding pickups.

I bought them because, other than Retrovibe, they're the only company in the UK that makes Ric compatible pickups, and I didn't fancy any of the other alternatives.

• Like 1