Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Motion B Mk 2 medium scale - PRICE DROP £175 - *SOLD*
£195
Bristol

Manwithvan

This is a small-bodied 32" scale bass,  made in Japan. The body is rather distressed, but everything works. The Mk 2 is distinguished by the fine-adjustable bridge, absent on the Mk 1 and 3. The bridge fine tuning controls work well, and are easy to set. The neck and string spacing is narrow at the nut end, but the neck itself is quite deep.

Despite the massive bridge, the weight is 3.4kg. Controls are VVT, the tone switch pulls out for single coils so there is a wide range of tones. In humbucker mode the sound is massive for such a small bass.

The headstock design is 'unusual' and for some reason was never seen again on Yamaha guitars!

There's still a lot of these Motions about, but not many with this bridge.

AAA_4283.jpg

AAA_4284.jpg

AAA_4285.jpg

Edited by Manwithvan
price drop
  • Like 13

• Manwithvan changed the title to Yamaha Motion B Mk 2 medium scale - PRICE DROP £175

Come on, this is a steal. Small, well built, functional bass for travelling. I am amazed that these small, '80's basses are not that sought after. If I needed one, a Bean, an Axstar, or this would be very high on my list. And I don't even like Yahayas. A friend of mine had similar, and it had good sound and was very playable.

• Like 1

These always remind me of the Bass Collection basses.

If they are anyway close to being as good (being Yamaha I have no reason to think why it wouldn't be) then this would be an absolute steal.

I don't think that I've ever seen a 5er though. Are they available?

Edited by TheGreek

17 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I don't think that I've ever seen a 5er though. Are they available?

I've never seen a 5er either, and I've done a lot of looking.

I have seen an old video of Nathan East playing an MB-40, which was a 5er and long scale I believe. It was his 'signature' bass before the NE2. Same headstock though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Manwithvan changed the title to Yamaha Motion B Mk 2 medium scale - SOLD