Why become a member? ×

Shure GLXD16 / 16+ Users Group

BassAdder60

Thought I would start a Shure users group on here as the Shure website etc is hard work.

Perhaps post details about buying additional cables and links, pouch’s etc 

Working issues and reports and general good or bad points about the product 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mines arrived and been tested 

Very nice indeed and robust and sounds spot on. 

Tuner is fast and accurate and nice bright screen 

I’m running mine at default 0 DB gain setting and channel 11 ( default ) 

Latency ?? Not detectable so no issue 

Fits the Neotech medium pouch perfectly although I’ve got the Levy’s MM4 coming too for my spare bass 

Battery had approx half charge in it from the box so I’m charging it up via the supplied USB lead 

The four rubber feet peel off ( saved ) as to get better velcro fit on pedalboard ( it’s heavier than some pedals ) 

Some pics below 

IMG_4552.thumb.jpeg.4cfa1d0566cb79d82f15e8ab820e3167.jpegIMG_4553.thumb.jpeg.0e9c4309001d72ce9e4eb7afed67da06.jpegIMG_4554.thumb.jpeg.4450826bfa0e20ebbd406e41752070e6.jpeg

Edited by BassAdder60
  • Like 2

Ok pouches .. Neotech vs Levy’s MM4 

Personally the Levy’s is better at staying put on the strap so the Neotech is my storage pouch for the transmitter while in the gig bag 

Neotech does have the top strap to hold the transmitter in place but the Levy’s MM4 is a snug fit ( I use mine facing up not down ) 

On 01/08/2023 at 14:16, BassAdder60 said:

Ok pouches .. Neotech vs Levy’s MM4 

Personally the Levy’s is better at staying put on the strap so the Neotech is my storage pouch for the transmitter while in the gig bag 

Neotech does have the top strap to hold the transmitter in place but the Levy’s MM4 is a snug fit ( I use mine facing up not down ) 

I've always used the Neotech and found it great - never budged on my straps. I do have it facing down though now to relieve the strain on the cable. I previously had it upright and the cable failed at the locking connection due to being constantly bent at this point.  I got a new cable made from Designacable and ever since have mounted the transmitter upside down. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, acidbass said:

First outing for the D16+ tonight and it performed admirably (see pic)! May have to lower the gain a little as it felt a bit clippy at times. Has anyone else had this experience?

Screenshot_20230812_013227_Snapchat.jpg

with gain on 0db ( default) mine is perfect and no clipping 

0db should be unity so I'd check its set to that and compare levels cables and wireless.  Guess it depends what preamp you're running it into but I've never experienced it causing anything to clip.

How do you guys sort out the extra cable slack between jack output and transmitter pack? I was thinking about adding some kind of sleeve to the bottom part of the strap to conceal/semi secure the cable to the strap. Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, acidbass said:

How do you guys sort out the extra cable slack between jack output and transmitter pack? I was thinking about adding some kind of sleeve to the bottom part of the strap to conceal/semi secure the cable to the strap. Any ideas?

Mine is facing up in the Levy pouch and then I run it under my strap then into bass Jack.  Hardly any slack to worry about 

I’m using a 75cm long lead so slighter shorter than the 90cm stock one I believe 

Edited by BassAdder60

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My older unit doesn't have the jack input option but there are times when I just want to plug a bass in without using the wireless. If I used a switchable AB switch with the AB as inputs, one for the Shure and the other for a non wireless input that's an OK solution? Or am I missing something obvious!