Why become a member? ×

Graphite (Peavey) neck - £50

On 19/07/2023 at 22:07, vinorange said:

Very under rated basses and as per the ad the early necks for these were made by modulus. Odd configuration with a rosewood board on a graphite neck though....

If only it were true.

The earlier B-Quad basses had Modulus necks, the G-bass connection is a combination of confusion and wishful thinking 😀

My pal Ronnie was still head mech engineer for Peavey in Meridian the time of the G & G-V basses, the necks were machined slightly undersize then shipped to gun stock outfit Bell & Carlson for a carbon wrap. Someplace I've a photo of my G-bass  with tuning pegs removed that shows the wooden core, when I did the same with my B-Quad neck it showed Modulus were of hollow construction.

There's a few other factors rule out Modulus necks, price/no mention despite being a registered trademark and a pretty strong selling point, but the most compelling was Geoff Gould flat out denying any involvement with Peavey other than the B-Quad necks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

If only it were true.

The earlier B-Quad basses had Modulus necks, the G-bass connection is a combination of confusion and wishful thinking 😀

My pal Ronnie was still head mech engineer for Peavey in Meridian the time of the G & G-V basses, the necks were machined slightly undersize then shipped to gun stock outfit Bell & Carlson for a carbon wrap. Someplace I've a photo of my G-bass  with tuning pegs removed that shows the wooden core, when I did the same with my B-Quad neck it showed Modulus were of hollow construction.

There's a few other factors rule out Modulus necks, price/no mention despite being a registered trademark and a pretty strong selling point, but the most compelling was Geoff Gould flat out denying any involvement with Peavey other than the B-Quad necks.

I had my doubts, the construction is different to a Modulus neck (although I could have been sold on Status), while googling B-Quad, you can see that they do look like Modulus. Thanks for confirming.

• Like 2