Why become a member? ×

Would you join a band that you probably wouldn't bother to go and see?

Count Bassy

On 12/07/2023 at 22:10, Count Bassy said:

I have just recently joined a band (two rehearsals in).

They are nice people, seem pretty good at what they do, and seem to like what I do. They/we are still someway (months) from being ready to play out as the singer is also new.

The problem? They are an originals Metal band, and I am not really into metal. I am much more into blues, classic rock, and old style R and B, so if we were playing up the local pub I probably wouldn't bother to go and see us.

However it is a band to play in, which I've not had since pre lockdown.

What do I do? What would you do?

I worry that If an opportunity to join a bluesy band came up then I would be very tempted to jump ship,thus letting this band down. Especially if the bluesy band had a vacancy for piano/saxophone, which Mrs Bassy plays. BUt then there arn't that many opportunities around. Is it a bird in the hand thing?

What would you do?

I would stay around until better project came up. Then correctly explain the situation and say good buy. I would not call it a "let down" from Your side. Just...time goes on and things changes.

I would put a hoop in my pants, stick a red ball on my nose, and ware size 30 shoes, if it helped put sausages on the table.

i dont care, i will play anything if im paid to do it,

its that that funds the stuff i really like to play, but does not have the same income 🙂

some times you have to sell your self.

and im proud to do it  🙂

Mullet-clown-2-e1359415422505-3890179129.jpg.d5b81eb3c4b58a09b0c7b8a7be3e7305.jpg

Edited by funkgod
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nilorius said:

I would stay around until better project came up. Then correctly explain the situation and say good buy. I would not call it a "let down" from Your side. Just...time goes on and things changes.

Nilo the thing to do is borrow lots of money from them individually, then do a runner.. ( & get another "burner" phone obviously) 👍