Why become a member? ×

IMG_6857.thumb.jpeg.c5b89901775f257d0465f8c32403fa8c.jpeg

IMG_6860.thumb.jpeg.3389603ae00041e8bedda9443c2c24bc.jpeg

OK, I have loads of pickguards that I have amassed over the years. I don't need them and don't particularly want to leave them in my will.

So I'm selling them for £5 each (except where stated) plus postage.

• You should assume they won't fit your individual instrument.
  • You should assume they are not genuine Fender.
  • You should assume they have been used.
  • You should assume they are made of cheese.

That way, if by some magic it fits, is made of plastic and still has the protective film on, you're quids in.

OK, I exaggerate, but honestly if it's important to you that they fit just so, probably don't buy. If I have to manage returns my head will explode, so on this rare occasion I'm not offering them.

Here is the sum total of what I know about each one. If purchasing, please state which number you require.

1. Jazz Bass, 3-ply parchment, no truss notch or ashtray holes, 11-hole (including one in the middle). Probably off eBay.
  2. Jazz Bass, 3-ply mint green, small truss notch, 11-hole (inc. centre) plus holes for pickup cover and low-mounted tug bar. WD Custom Pickguards sticker on back, so priced at £10. SOLD
  3. Jazz Bass, 3-ply aged white, no truss notch, 9-hole (inc centre) plus holes for high-mounted tug bar and pickup cover. Film attached. From a Dutch person off eBay, probably fits something really well, not anything of mine though.
  4. Jazz Bass, 3-ply cream, no truss notch, 10-hole. Used briefly on my old Mexican Antigua Jazz so it must fit them.
  5. Jazz Bass, 3-ply mint green, 10-hole, full-size truss notch. I've a feeling it may have come from (someone else's) US Am Pro Jazz, thus priced at £15.
  6. Jazz Bass, 3-ply cream, 10-hole, no truss notch. Some hackery around the pickup hole (see pic below), which presumably made it fit my old 2008 Am Std Jazz, on which some kiddy in a guitar shop fitted the pickups off-beam.
  7. Jazz Bass, 1-ply white, 10-hole, no truss notch, fits Mexican JBs.
  8. Stratocaster SSS, 3-ply mint green, foil shielding and protective film attached, 11-hole fitting. Would have fitted my Mexican Strat had I not had a Floyd fitted. £10.
  9. Precision Bass, 3-ply black, no truss notch, came off a Squier VM 70s Precision. Some hackery around the pot holes, to make the replacements fit (not visible once knobs are on) -- see pic below. Some foil on underside. Not the most fabulously executed thing, but it does fit the bass it came off. SOLD
  10. Jazz Bass, 3-ply mint, no truss notch, 10-hole (incl centre) plus holes for high-mounted tug bar and pickup cover. Protective film attached. Sister of number 3 from the same supplier.

Hackery close-ups

IMG_6858.thumb.jpeg.e3ba1b025f95435a43ec3adf1551f0ec.jpeg

Above: Hackery around pickup hole of number 6.

IMG_6859.thumb.jpeg.438f2c4328c791ede7d37dfd99a600cf.jpeg

Above: hackery around pot holes of number 10.

Edited by nige1968
Inventory update

23 hours ago, nige1968 said:

Look, I'm not going to be held responsible if someone now goes and eats one of these things, mmmkay? For the avoidance of doubt, they will make your crackers taste sh*t.

It’s almost certainly going to happen. 

its a feta complis