Why become a member? ×

Tokai Jazz Sound 1983 - CAR - Price Drop - *SOLD*
£620
Portsmouth

Steve Browning

I am just not a Jazz player and there's no point keeping a bass I simply don't play - however pretty it is.

This bass plays every bit as good as it looks, it's a real stunner of a bass from the lawsuit era. Lovely candy apple red with matching headstock. It's never had a scratchplate, it would seem and probably looks all the better for it. It's got all the usual Jazz bass sounds in it and it's in great condition. Weight is a reasonable 9.4lbs on the scales. It still has the original Tokai gig bag.

It's down near Portsmouth and I'd rather do some driving to meet up, rather than post it but it's not a case of collection only, though very much preferred. Shout out if you want any more information/pictures.

Let's get this gone (please) - £575 for some seriously pretty Japanese build quality.

20230624_161820.jpg

20230624_161830.jpg

Edited by Steve Browning
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

I am just not a Jazz player and there's no point keeping a bass I simply don't play - however pretty it is.

This bass plays every bit as good as it looks, it's a real stunner of a bass from the lawsuit era. Lovely candy apple red with matching headstock. It's never had a scratchplate, it would seem and probably looks all the better for it. It's got all the usual Jazz bass sounds in it and it's in great condition. Weight is a reasonable 9.4lbs on the scales. It still has the original Tokai gig bag.

It's down near Portsmouth and I'd rather do some driving to meet up, rather than post it but it's not a case of collection only, though very much preferred. Shout out if you want any more information/pictures.

20230624_161820.jpg

20230624_161830.jpg

I had an '84 Jazz Sound back in the mid Noughties. It was a beautiful bass, which I (rather stupidly) traded with The Beedster in 2008 for a 5 string Musicman which I needed urgently at the time for the covers band I was in... 

Anyway my sellers remorse aside, the point of the story is that the '83 model I had was better than a 1966 Fender Jazz that I'd owned in the 90s - that's how good these Tokai Jazz Sound basses are from that era IMHO! 

Oh, and @Steve Browningis an absolutely top block and a pleasure to deal with, so you'll be in very good hands should you want to buy this bass. 

GLWTS Steve 👍😊

• Thanks 1

It was indeed, Mike. It's truly a great bass but I can't justify keeping it, just for its looks etc.

The plan was to buy the SQ Precision on sale here, but it sold recently (after I snaffled the other one).

Edited by Steve Browning

• Steve Browning changed the title to SOLD Tokai Jazz Sound 1983 - CAR