Why become a member? ×

The Specials at Brixton Academy

<<<These tickets just sold on eBay>>>>

I have 3 tickets for the Specials at Brixton Academy on Tuesday 12 may 2009. I can't attend and will sell for £35 each or £95 for the three. (cost me £127 with fees and poatage)

Tickets are for the Circle unreserved

I'll include Next Day Recorded postage in the price, or you can collect from Harrow Middx or Windsor Berks

I've also listed these on eBay for a slightly highter price

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='480248' date='May 5 2009, 06:46 PM']Poor old Jerry Dammers. He's been keeping the Special's torch alight for how many years, playing all kinds of dives, and now when they're playing decent venues again where is he?[/quote]

Jerry was always the engine room of the band and has always publicly voiced his inwillingness to take part in any kind of Specials reunion.
Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan allegedly offered the band £1M to play his birthday party and it was Dammers who said no.
He asked the rest of the band to drop the name Specials for the reunion tour but they refused and relationships are strained.
At the height of the band's fame, Dammers was earning 4 times what the others were getting, based on the fact that he wrote the songs and bad feeling spiralled from there.

I did a gig with Roddy Radiation recently and he told me that he showed his kids all the records, photos and press cuttings from the heyday of the band. The kid's reply was...

"if you were so famous, why are we so poor?"

Doing it for th money...? You decide.....

nice one Woodster!

I saw one of Neville Staples solo gigs last year. I'm a metal-head (old school!) but I had a great time. The man's a legend!

BTW I hope Platypus doesn't mind us bumping his thread.

[u]Remember tickets for sale![/u]

Edited by MacDaddy

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='480975' date='May 6 2009, 01:42 PM']BTW I hope Platypus doesn't mind us bumping his thread.[/quote]

Ha, no problem - have been enjoying the stories, tbh

[quote name='Rich' post='481149' date='May 6 2009, 04:46 PM'][offtopic moment]
My kids bought me Horace Panter's "Ska'd For Life" book for my birthday last month. It's a great read, fascinating stuff.
[/offtopic moment][/quote]

Reading that myself at the moment...

[quote name='blackhatbass' post='481082' date='May 6 2009, 03:43 PM']I may well take these. Just waiting on a reply from a friend to check he's around on that date. Should know within the next hour or so......[/quote]

Mate, sorry someone just BIN'd them on eBay at 18:00. Not much I can do about that - would rather have sold them to a basschatter...

Tonights gig was cancelled at 5PM due to illness. A guy who had tickets for tonight, then jumped in and bought these ones

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='Platypus' post='481293' date='May 6 2009, 06:28 PM']Mate, sorry someone just BIN'd them on eBay at 18:00. Not much I can do about that - would rather have sold them to a basschatter...

Tonights gig was cancelled at 5PM due to illness. A guy who had tickets for tonight, then jumped in and bought these ones[/quote]

Not a problem. The guy only just got back to me this morning and couldn't go anyway! Glad you made some loot on t'eBay!!