Why become a member? ×

Peter Cook Custom Basses and guitars. . . . for those who have an interest. : )

FlatEric

Hi to all who remember me and Hi to those who don't.😎

For those who remember, I have a thing about small operation English guitar makers - Reeve, Ray Cooper, Doug Wilkes and the like but in particular, Peter Cook.

I was going to post this on another Peter Cook article I did some years ago but I managed to find it and it was some time ago!! 😁

So, here we are on another thread. . . Two more Peter Cook Axis Basses.

Axis Bass 204, the red one - I know who now has that one.

Axis Bass 203, I am aware of but not sure where it has gone since 2020.

Anyone that visits on here?

AxisBass204.thumb.jpg.1a612ef261e337dba1718a14ebd25380.jpg

AxisBass203.thumb.jpg.889b9201168a38da282dfb51c306e40e.jpg

😊

• Like 7

My memory is a bit foggy but I do recall playing a couple of Peter Cook basses back in the early eighties, when I was distributing leaflets for a local music shop at the London Guitar Show (then called The Live Music Show) at Olympia (I think, could have been Earls Court).  The foggy bit is whether they were set up in the show itself or whether it was down the road in a hotel, as I remember a manufacturer mini-show in a hotel suite down the road, showcasing their wares away from TLMS.  I remember the basses being fabulous though, and gave me my first glimpse of how a handmade, high-end bass compared to its more mass produced brethren. 

2 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Welcome back @FlatEric, we've missed you!

PC made my official favourite bass ever, the one I drew all over my school books and will one day have a custom built to match it (despite the now-obvious horrendous ergonomics).

auction_cookaxebass-1.jpg

Hello chap, hope all is good with you. 👍 Just busy with life in general but hope to have a little more input on here. . . . part of the old boys!😅 Let's face it, a few years have passed by since we first posted on here, 15+for me. . . I think!

Yes, I used to doodle guitars. There are some posts on my blog that relate to tubs of stuff that Peter and I went through and found the original tmplates for The Flame and other stuff!

I will try and find the post and PM a link to you, there may have been some original scribbles for your hearts desire. Sit tight,I'll see what I can find.

Cheers. 😊

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bass Culture said:

My memory is a bit foggy but I do recall playing a couple of Peter Cook basses back in the early eighties, when I was distributing leaflets for a local music shop at the London Guitar Show (then called The Live Music Show) at Olympia (I think, could have been Earls Court).  The foggy bit is whether they were set up in the show itself or whether it was down the road in a hotel, as I remember a manufacturer mini-show in a hotel suite down the road, showcasing their wares away from TLMS.  I remember the basses being fabulous though, and gave me my first glimpse of how a handmade, high-end bass compared to its more mass produced brethren. 

Hi. 😊

As per my reply to Cosmo, somewhere there is a pic of Peter, at perhaps that show.

I will look into it and come back to you.

Cheers. 👍

On 26/06/2023 at 16:39, Bass Culture said:

Hi.

This is the one I think you referred to. Is this how you remember it? If you read the script, it dates from 1980.

Check out Larry DiMarzio's Snake Skin Boots!!!! Wow!!!

Cheers.😊

Peter Cook Larry DiMarzio.jpg

• Like 1