Why become a member? ×

Genzler 800 at 2.67 ohms

Alanbass

Hi, I am wanting to run three 8 ohm cabs from my Genzler 800. Does snyone know how best to link the cabs for safe operation? I assumed that I shoujd select 2.67 ohm at the rear and then take a lead from one speaker output to can 1, then link cab 1 to cab 2 and then link cab 2 to cab 3. Does that seem right? Appreciate any advice as I can't seem to find a direct answer to this elsewhere. Cheers. Alan

• Like 1

Please tell me that you are using SpeakOn speaker cables and not the horrible cheap and nasty 1/4" jack plugs.

Edit: Be well and don't try to do too much too soon. Your body needs time and rest to heal itself.

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Alanbass said:

Many thanks for such quick and helpful replies! I'm recovering from major surgery so I bought three GR 110 cabs that are only 5kg each and are rated at 300w each I'm hoping they will work ok. Cheers.

Oh wow, that sounds like it should be a fabulous set up.

All the best with the recovery.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

One other thing is never forget to switch the amp to the 2.67Ω position when using all three cabinets. Forgetting to do so will cause the demise  of your amplifier.

In your place I would just leave it at 2.67Ω position even when using just one or two of the cabinets. It may not be quite as loud but I feel it will still be loud enough for most gigs and your amplifier will be safer that way.

Thanks for the advice guys ... hadn't thought of running one or two cabs at the 2.67 ohm setting! I'll be sure to check that the speakon cables are proper genuine neutrik plugs as well! I'm slowly recovering and hoping that in the next few weeks I'll be able to start arranging rehearsals once again!

• Like 1