Why become a member? ×

delivering a prepared file from tablet to a projector with a hdmi input

hi chaps

A venue I'm taking one of my bands to use this system to project a logo behind us whilst we play, and I'm trying to work out how to do it 

I can work most audio things through - but video is still a mystery to me lol

If this is not the right place, please excuse me - I couldn't work out the best place to post LOL

Any help gratefully received 👍🤘

Cheers

Edited by dudewheresmybass

Simplest way is using an HDMI cable (IF your tablet can manage an HDMI output) - what tablet? what connections? If you can find an HDMI adapter for the tablet then a cable should work.

With no HDMI out there is Miracast IF the projector supports this (which it probably won't) - what projector?

You may be able to Miracast/Airplay (if tablet can( to a Miracast/HDMI adapter at the projector, but there's a lot of 'ifs' ... 

Something like this  https://www.amazon.co.uk/AT-Mizhi-Wireless-HDMI-display-adapter-Black/dp/B08T22S76M/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3I37DXD9Z7PNG&keywords=miracast%2Badapter%2Bhdmi&qid=1686048719&sprefix=mirrorcast%2Badapter%2Bhdmi%2Caps%2C70&sr=8-4&th=1

A laptop with an HDMI out is much more likely to work.

Edited by Bigguy2017
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dudewheresmybass said:

hi chaps

A venue I'm taking one of my bands to use this system to project a logo behind us whilst we play, and I'm trying to work out how to do it 

I can work most audio things through - but video is still a mystery to me lol

If this is not the right place, please excuse me - I couldn't work out the best place to post LOL

Any help gratefully received 👍🤘

Cheers

Every venue I have played that use a back projection system for the band logo have the whole system in place - screen, projector and laptop - and all the band have had to do was to supply the logo, usually as a high resolution JPEG or PNG file sent by email a couple of days before the gig.

• Thanks 1

You can get little ‘media player’ gadgets that take a memory card and play whatever movies or images are on it out to an HDMI socket. Here’s one for example (not a specific recommendation though). 

Strangely they seem to be less common and more expensive now than a few years ago though, at least on UK eBay. Maybe nowadays everyone just uses their phone. 

• Thanks 1