Why become a member? ×

coiled cables

lidl e

I have a few - love 'em! My usual gigging cable is a Daphne Blue curly one which looks great with my Daphne Blue JMJ mustang, & I also have a matching fender straight cable to go from the pedalboard to the amp.

My 'at home' cable is a Fender Black tweed curly.

I had a lovely 'glow in the dark' curly cable in the 80s that went missing when my band played the Rock Garden in Covent Garden (I think it might have been where the Apple store is now, but I'm not 100% certain). I think some scrote from one of the other bands nicked it while I was packing up my gear.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard
  • Like 1

I love them too. I began to hate standing on cables when I moved around so bought a Vox curly in black. Utterly brilliant and no tone or volume loss. So good I bought another in white for my white Jazz. I remember early ones that rattled as you turned but they’ve come a long way. Pardon the pun.

• Like 1

I went into a music shop to buy one,once, but got a brain freeze and couldn't remember the word "coiled". I said something along the lines of "Have you got any, umm, spiral leads? You know, the curly ones." Thankfully, the guy knew what I meant, although he did look at me as if I wasn't the full shilling.

• Like 1

Ive been so busy, i still havent been able to try it out!

Feels solid though. Im fairly impressed with the quality just examining it. Seems a bit heavy though. Not sure if heavier than a standard 9m cable. Will have to check

20230606_191048.thumb.jpg.c436eb181f1e8b1df3efbdbf90fc334c.jpg

1 minute ago, lidl e said:

Ive been so busy, i still havent been able to try it out!

Feels solid though. Im fairly impressed with the quality just examining it. Seems a bit heavy though. Not sure if heavier than a standard 9m cable. Will have to check

20230606_191048.thumb.jpg.c436eb181f1e8b1df3efbdbf90fc334c.jpg

It's bound to be heavier, look at how thick it is. 😁

• Like 1