Why become a member? ×

Brilliant strap , so good i bought 2

fleabag

Got one of these through the post on a whim and a prayer,  wondering if i was going to like it.  I have now ordered a 2nd

It  was utterly outrageously stupendously top notch.  Sometimes you dont get reinforced stitching around button holes.  I have a cheapo 4" leather strap that are without and they're getting stretched.  This is made properly and is incredibly gentle on the shoulder. 

Much more so than my cheapo one, and more so than my  monstrously expensive Italia Leather Strap as in the link.  In fact, i have the long version, so they're more expensive @  127.99 dollars than the standard one in the link.

strap2.thumb.jpg.f93cd7ebe1925ed416cf9e6f292a24df.jpg

strap3.thumb.jpg.3c58f720afc8e6af3ad0c8bc085b6f1e.jpg

strap1.jpg.4108fedb6b788d2976992caab90d66be.jpg

Couldnt find these in the UK.  Gonna sell mine as those Lekatos are the bees patellas

https://italiastraps.com/collections/4-inch-wide/products/4-inch-strap-rossa?variant=25562322817

italia.thumb.JPG.afd6874cb741a1f247ec48e4af54f5e8.JPG

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 3

I have a - slightly different - Lekato strap. The most comfortable strap I have tried - although I have not tried very expensive ones. The only issue is that it does not have much grip so unless the bass balances extremely well it gets annoying

• Thanks 1

No good for you then Ian.  It's 112cm minimum, not 115cm, because i measured from strap button hole to strap button hole. There's obviously some extra after the holes

but that extra  doesnt really count because it's unused real estate

@ikay if you're competent with a needle and thread it wouldn't be difficult to cut the webbing section at the base where it joins to the loop at the end and shorten it down by as much as you need, it's only one small section of stitching that would be needed, i've done this type of sewing before with webbing and it's easy to work with, you'd want to seal the end of the webbing before you sew it but that's easy enough with a lighter and some patience.

Matt

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ikay said:

Like the look of this but min length is specified as 115cm and I need 100cm. @fleabag would you mind double checking the min length for me in case it does adjust down to 100? Thanks, Ian

Double check there isn’t a shorter Lekato strap in the same style, they do different lengths in other styles.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, paddy109 said:

Double check there isn’t a shorter Lekato strap in the same style, they do different lengths in other styles.

Good call! Just checked and they only do one size in the 3.5" strap as far as I can see but they do a 3" wide version which is shorter (down to 96cm).

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Matt P said:

@ikay if you're competent with a needle and thread it wouldn't be difficult to cut the webbing section at the base where it joins to the loop at the end and shorten it down by as much as you need..

Thanks, I hadn't considered that but it's an interesting thought...

On 12/05/2023 at 19:26, fleabag said:

Got one of these through the post on a whim and a prayer,  wondering if i was going to like it.  I have now ordered a 2nd

It  was utterly outrageously stupendously top notch.  Sometimes you dont get reinforced stitching around button holes.  I have a cheapo 4" leather strap that are without and they're getting stretched.  This is made properly and is incredibly gentle on the shoulder. 

Much more so than my cheapo one, and more so than my  monstrously expensive Italia Leather Strap as in the link.  In fact, i have the long version, so they're more expensive @  127.99 dollars than the standard one in the link.

strap2.thumb.jpg.f93cd7ebe1925ed416cf9e6f292a24df.jpg

strap3.thumb.jpg.3c58f720afc8e6af3ad0c8bc085b6f1e.jpg

strap1.jpg.4108fedb6b788d2976992caab90d66be.jpg

Couldnt find these in the UK.  Gonna sell mine as those Lekatos are the bees patellas

https://italiastraps.com/collections/4-inch-wide/products/4-inch-strap-rossa?variant=25562322817

italia.thumb.JPG.afd6874cb741a1f247ec48e4af54f5e8.JPG

I've been using those Lekato straps for a while. Very comfy, I've ended up with four of them. Really nice.

• Like 1

I rehearsed for about 2 1/2 hours with the band last Friday night. I have a padded wide Levys strap, but I still ended up with shoulder pain. I got quite excited by this Lekato strap,  but I’ve just measured my strap, and I need 110cm. I’m over six foot, and don’t consider that I wear my bass high, so I’m a bit surprised that 115cm is the shortest it will go.

I’ll keep looking.

Rob

42 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

I rehearsed for about 2 1/2 hours with the band last Friday night. I have a padded wide Levys strap, but I still ended up with shoulder pain. I got quite excited by this Lekato strap,  but I’ve just measured my strap, and I need 110cm. I’m over six foot, and don’t consider that I wear my bass high, so I’m a bit surprised that 115cm is the shortest it will go.

I’ll keep looking.

Rob

I think they have 3 sizes, each with a different range, have a look. 

2 hours ago, mcnach said:

I think they have 3 sizes, each with a different range, have a look. 

The 3.5" strap (ref the OP) only seems to come in one size (115-140cm) but there's a 3" wide version on Amazon which comes in 3 sizes, small being 97-120cm. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEKATO-Adjustable-Acoustic-Electric-Included/dp/B088613TDF/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikay said:

The 3.5" strap (ref the OP) only seems to come in one size (115-140cm) but there's a 3" wide version on Amazon which comes in 3 sizes, small being 97-120cm. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEKATO-Adjustable-Acoustic-Electric-Included/dp/B088613TDF/

I'm not sure I want just a 3" strap. The strap I'm currently using is 3 1/2" and padded, so I don't really want to go narrower.

On 13/05/2023 at 09:09, fleabag said:

It's 112cm minimum, not 115cm, because i measured from strap button hole to strap button hole. There's obviously some extra after the holes

but that extra  doesnt really count because it's unused real estate

My 3.5"  strap is closer to 110cm than 115cm because.. see my post above

i might have to get one of these for my boat-anchor '77 P-bass, @fleabag would you be able to measure the diameter of the ring of reinforcing stitching around the strap button hole please, I like to enlarge the hole out a bit to fit Schaller straplocks and don't want to cut into the reinforcing stitching.

thanks

Matt

Yup, the hole stitching diameter is 14.7mm

And for  @ossyrocks

The measurement from hole centre to hole centre is 112cm.  What leather there is after the holes is not relevant.  112cm is the minimum the strap will go, not 115cm.

If you can live with an extra 2cm  ( 3/4 " )    you'll be fine.

strapb.jpg.83171dd77bfbe35f505475ca66cad0d4.jpg

strapa.thumb.jpg.6ba3bfd4af6cb90e8999e1eb2c730ccc.jpg

strapc.jpg.a2960f4920b250ba78ef3ba79bcdefb0.jpg

strapd.jpg.674f2f4a45efb396f4ebf622d82a7452.jpg

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fleabag said:

Yup, the hole stitching diameter is 14.7mm

And for  @ossyrocks

The measurement from hole centre to hole centre is 112cm.  What leather there is after the holes is not relevant.  112cm is the minimum the strap will go, not 115cm.

If you can live with an extra 2cm  ( 3/4 " )    you'll be fine.

strapb.jpg.83171dd77bfbe35f505475ca66cad0d4.jpg

strapa.thumb.jpg.6ba3bfd4af6cb90e8999e1eb2c730ccc.jpg

strapc.jpg.a2960f4920b250ba78ef3ba79bcdefb0.jpg

strapd.jpg.674f2f4a45efb396f4ebf622d82a7452.jpg

Thanks for the thorough measurements. I'm going to try one. I'm wondering also if the actual thickness of the strap itself will raise the bass higher compared with a thinner strap of equal length. If it does, then it will be a definite winner.

Cheers,

Rob