Why become a member? ×

Recommendations for an acoustic/semi hollow fretless bass

leroydiamond

Its been several years since I had a bass in my hands, but I am now on the lookout for an acoustic/ semi hollow fretless, as a mate of mine is recording an album and wants me to contribute. I am thinking of a medium scale instrument with pick up. Not so keen on the super shortscale offerings from Goldtone and ukulele type basses (though I am open to persuasion). Budget is anything up to £800. 

42 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Not sure who bought them but @Jabba_the_gut's creations are amazing. See if you can borrow one of them (check the build diaries thread if you haven't seen them)

I have seen his creations,  was in touch with him several months ago  but did not go ahead with a build then. I have just now pm'd him with an enquiry. Beautiful looking basses. I live in Ireland, so borrowing one won't happen unfortunately. 

Edited by leroydiamond

46 minutes ago, leroydiamond said:

I have seen his creations,  was in touch with him several months ago  but did not go ahead with a build then. I have just now pm'd him with an enquiry. Beautiful looking basses. I live in Ireland, so borrowing one won't happen unfortunately. 

I am lucky enough to have a fretless built by @Jabba_the_gut, this one in fact...

rhI8OME.thumb.jpeg.b1775fe7e470db293cf63ca85df423c3.jpeg

...his basses are peerless in my opinion, this thing sings. Put it this way, I had a Rob Allen fretless and the Jabba bass sounds better.

• Like 5