Why become a member? ×

Yamaha bb434

ebenezer

I tried it in shops a few times, including one well setup at the Yamaha store in London. Seems like a very well made bass for the money. Nice neck. Not too heavy for being an Alder made bass with that shaoe. But there's something about the sound that does not feel right to me. I attribute it to the neck pickup position which I am told is a bit closer to the neck compared to a P

Tried one a while back, sunburst, maple neck, liked it, beautiful looker too. 434M

Usual Yamaha offering, flawless build, fit 'n finish, neck especially nice, a proper quality product. BB (Broad Bass) always were and still are a classy product line. 

I liked the tone, only played thru an Ashdown combo, nothing more though, but it was enough. 

Disclaimer I like Yamahas, owned many, never had a bad one, ohh and my avatar is an RBX4-A2.😉

I was also thinking of getting a BB434 but I am now leaning more towards getting a BBP34.

When I was looking into the 434, the best price I found for a new new one was £549: 
https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/yamaha-bb434bl-electric-4-string-bass-guitar-black-p44523

It can be seen and heard in action here (no affiliation with the seller):

By comparison, retailers such as GAK, PMT and GG want £633, £604 and £599 respectively, for the same finish! 

On 02/05/2023 at 15:19, ebenezer said:

Cheers folks! food for thought.

Fyi there's one for sale not far from you on gumtree.

Maybe it's what you are thinking of buying.

Nothing wrong with going having a test play. You've had good luck with yamahas if I recall right.