Why become a member? ×

2011 Overwater Aspiration Elite - fretted 5 - SOLD
£400
Hampshire

franzbassist

I recently bought a 2011 Overwater Aspiration Elite from Bass Direct and I am really impressed with how good it is.  I was in the market for a nice but inexpensive fretted 5 as a second bass, and this fitted the bill really well.  However, I have decided I really don't need it as it's relegated my fretless to storage, and that's much too nice a bass to not be gigged!

So, first of all it's in great condition.  I don't think there's a mark on it anywhere.  The fingerboard needed an oil, but other than that all is good.  It's a five piece neck through, maple and something walnut-like would be my guess, with what appears to be an ash body capped with a burl maple top.  It's 35" scale, so a nice tight B string, and the 19mm spacing at the bridge is perfect for me (same as my Franz basses) and the main reason I got it.

EQ is a three band Overwater system designed by John East. The control cavity is thoroughly shielded using paint and copper tape.  The bridge and pickups are Overwater branded too, but I assume made in Korea along with the bass itself.  The standard tuners were mini Gotoh-like ones, but as the bass was a bit neck heavy I have swapped them for Gotoh ResOLites which take the weight to bang on 9 lbs and have sorted the balance.  Other than that the bass is stock.  I've also added threaded screws to hold the control cavity cover in place.

Live, the bass is really articulate: every note comes through crisp and clear.  I honestly wasn't expecting it to sound as good as it does.  I've played basses way more expensive than this that weren't half as good! :)

£400 is a bargain considering the tuners were over £100.  I will include a cheap gig bag.

Would prefer not to ship as I have no box, but such things are always negotiable!

image.thumb.png.8d5052c7ae8af5b2404948b4dd5d74ab.png

T1.jpg

image.thumb.png.3cc382ffd4c4bdd6d774374e0449860a.png

104EEDA7-53B8-400C-82E6-B4FDC7B3FB1A.thumb.jpeg.ab95a39fbb905b2c352568f70e59a637.jpeg

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 15

• franzbassist changed the title to 2011 Overwater Aspiration Elite - fretted 5 - SOLD
  • franzbassist locked this topic