Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 4 - *SOLD*
£1100
West Midlands

Horizontalste

Never thought I'd let this go but things change!

Musicman Stingray 4H from 2009 I believe.

I've owned it for the last twelve years or so.

Immaculate condition & standard apart from the high gloss vintage tint lacquered neck that was beautifully done by Mr Shuker, it had a refret at the same time.

Currently strung with new Cobalt Flats & comes with original case & 3ply pickgurd plus the matte black single ply pickgurd, a white single ply pickgurd & white pickup cover. All original Musicman items & not reproduction.

I'll get an accurate weight & high res photos when I get five but any questions feel free to ask. Just weighed the Stingray on the bathroom scales with the me+me & the bass - me scientific method & it's came in at 4.4kg.

Based in the West Midlands & local pickup or meetup only for this one I'm afraid.

IMG_20210405_123851.thumb.jpg.03774d7f1f907259e49e36bfaeaf220f.jpgIMG_20171207_203229_764.thumb.jpg.ea74c9e1bfdc735a730516cdf987e994.jpgIMG_20171207_202858_899.thumb.jpg.099037f14f5664573469724d7cb477c5.jpg

Edited by Horizontalste
To add weight info.
  • Like 16

Just now, Deedee said:

Oh my goodness, I didn’t think I’d see the day @Horizontalste.  My very first Stingray!!!  This bass has a lot to answer for 😂😂😂 

Doesn't it just!

I never thought I'd let it go either, my Mrs & the kids are giving me earache over this one. My eldest has offered full asking price just to keep it in the family, he doesn't play! 🤣

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Horizontalste said:

Doesn't it just!

I never thought I'd let it go either, my Mrs & the kids are giving me earache over this one. My eldest has offered full asking price just to keep it in the family, he doesn't play! 🤣

I can imagine. Well I’ll be keeping an eye on it as I just might want to buy it back 🤔😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horizontalste said:

Honest opinion - listen to them. Put it in a case and under the bed or in loft etc and forget you have it for a bit. Then one day you'll remember, get it out and be very glad you didn't sell it.

It also alleviates the earache from said family, which is worth way more than £1100.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Great price on one of these.  On the basis of the neck job that Dan had done on this by Jon S I did the same to my US Sterling.  Lovely job and a definite upgrade to those of us who prefer a lacquered neck to the oil/wax rub jobby.

It was @Horizontalste who had the neck done on this one Mart, he then kindly furnished me with the details and I had the same done to the black 3-EQ I had at the time. But I agree, a serious upgrade at significant cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deedee said:

It was @Horizontalste who had the neck done on this one Mart, he then kindly furnished me with the details and I had the same done to the black 3-EQ I had at the time. But I agree, a serious upgrade at significant cost.

My bad Dan, I get mixed up as I get older mate lol.  

Agreed though, it wasn't an insignificant cost to have the neck stripped back, stainless frets installed and vintage lacquer tint applied by Master Jon, so this really is a great price.  If I wasn't deficient in cash and not deficient in basses I'd be seriously looking at this even though I'm a Sterling man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Horizontalste changed the title to Musicman Stingray 4 *NOW SOLD!