Why become a member? ×

Jamiroquai Transcriptions

AM1

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='474745' date='Apr 29 2009, 04:37 AM']For what songs?

Most of their older stuff (first three albums) the bass is pretty prominent in the mix, you could probably pick them out by ear fairly easily. That's what I did in my teens, like everybody else. :)[/quote]

Yes those albums primarily.

As for ear playing, for sure yes - however, I've yet to see a completely accurate rendition, with all the correct notation and phrasing replicating the originals, which is why I'd like a look over the notation.

There's a couple here - [url="http://www.thebassment.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=6"]http://www.thebassment.info/index.php?opti...=5&Itemid=6[/url]

Simon Merrick is still sorting out a new edition of the books you really want - 'Jamiroquai : Essential Bass Transcriptions Vols 1 & 2'

[quote name='Faithless' post='474782' date='Apr 29 2009, 08:45 AM']TKenrick, fellow Basschater, has a few transcribies of Jamiroquai on his web..

But not the old ones, i mean, Runaway, for example..[/quote]

Thanks for the shout out, i'll do some old jamiroquai tunes next month when I get some more free time. In the mean time I'm going to have to edit and re-post Runaway as I was using it to teach the other day and noticed a few glaring mistakes!

Didn't Simon Merrick do a couple of Jamiroquai books?
I'd love to get a copy of one - does anyone have any copy for sale / a digital copy of it?
If there was some way of getting a copy or scan of them, then i'd be forever indebted to whoever could help me out.

[quote name='bluesparky' post='478214' date='May 3 2009, 02:02 PM']Didn't Simon Merrick do a couple of Jamiroquai books?
I'd love to get a copy of one - does anyone have any copy for sale / a digital copy of it?
If there was some way of getting a copy or scan of them, then i'd be forever indebted to whoever could help me out.[/quote]

Yeh, I did... but I'd appreciate it if people didn't make my transcriptions available online without my consent.

[quote name='Simon' post='478984' date='May 4 2009, 01:36 PM']Yeh, I did... but I'd appreciate it if people didn't make my transcriptions available online without my consent.[/quote]
Seems entirely reasonable.

Any news on the new edition of the books, Simon?

[quote name='Simon' post='478984' date='May 4 2009, 01:36 PM']Yeh, I did... but I'd appreciate it if people didn't make my transcriptions available online without my consent.[/quote]

Of course, i certainly don't mean to undermine the hard work you put into writing and publishing them.

I've been looking to buy a copy of the books for a while now and keep hitting a brick wall as they're never on sale here, on ebay or anything else like that.

No worries bluesparky. No harm done :)

Thanks Higgie! :rolleyes:

Pete, I'm afraid there is no plan to re-release the books. I tried several times with the publishers to get them out there again and failed... so what will be, will be.

I'm currently working hard on The Bassment, and there are a lot of transcriptions on there - with more added every week.

[quote name='Simon' post='479147' date='May 4 2009, 05:37 PM']No worries bluesparky. No harm done :)

Pete, I'm afraid there is no plan to re-release the books. I tried several times with the publishers to get them out there again and failed... so what will be, will be.

I'm currently working hard on The Bassment, and there are a lot of transcriptions on there - with more added every week.[/quote]

Cool, last thing i want to do is rock the boat!
(unless i've got a gig on a ship that is...)

[quote name='Simon' post='479147' date='May 4 2009, 05:37 PM']No worries bluesparky. No harm done :)

I'm currently working hard on The Bassment, and there are a lot of transcriptions on there - with more added every week.[/quote]

F*ck the publishers!

There's loads of ways you can distribute them without the middleman - as e-books for example....

[quote name='Simon' post='484077' date='May 9 2009, 11:30 PM']That would still involve paying copyright to the publishers on the music.[/quote]

Yes but at least you could control publishing and the pricing model can be changed by mainly cutting out postage, printing, etc too.

Go on....you know it makes sense :)

We want the funk!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by AM1

Hi, I don't often post here, but I read BC regularly. I did a transcription of "Too Young To Die" and a couple of other early Jamiroquai tracks recently. Here it is, thought it wouldn't hurt to put it out there. Would be cool to hear what anyone thinks of it, or any alterations they'd suggest.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='captainsmee' post='485303' date='May 11 2009, 08:16 PM']Hi, I don't often post here, but I read BC regularly. I did a transcription of "Too Young To Die" and a couple of other early Jamiroquai tracks recently. Here it is, thought it wouldn't hurt to put it out there. Would be cool to hear what anyone thinks of it, or any alterations they'd suggest.[/quote]

23 people downloaded your transcription and didn't post, so I will.

I had a look over your transcription and thought it was excellent! Pretty much the same as what I got in mine ([url="http://www.thebassment.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53"]@ The Bassment[/url]). Well done.

[quote name='Simon' post='497164' date='May 25 2009, 11:21 AM']23 people downloaded your transcription and didn't post, so I will.

I had a look over your transcription and thought it was excellent! Pretty much the same as what I got in mine ([url="http://www.thebassment.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53"]@ The Bassment[/url]). Well done.[/quote]
Yup, great track and transcription, cheers!