Why become a member? ×

SOLD (But now up for resale by buyer!) - '62 RI Fender Precision (Japanese) (1988)

AM1

[quote name='AM1' post='473457' date='Apr 27 2009, 03:13 PM']Hi

I am selling this fantastic bass, simply for the reason that it is too good to use at any of the hell-holes we play in.[/quote]

Hell-holes!!??? How f***ing dare you! They are highly reputable drinking establishments!

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='480798' date='May 6 2009, 11:38 AM']Hell-holes!!??? How f***ing dare you! They are highly reputable drinking establishments![/quote]

Thanks for the ill-disguised bump, you deluded tool :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I need another bass for recording next month, I haven't tried this particular Precision but my other one doesn't sound great in the recording mix. Sounds great live, but rather something a bit less "woody" for recording.

So, any trades considered!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='karlfer' post='546336' date='Jul 21 2009, 12:50 PM']B****R IT. I got all excited, recognising it from just missing out on evil bay.
My little eyes opened, my dicky ticker went bumpity bump, then it eventually sunk in it was still sold.

NURSEY! Meds please.[/quote]

Sorry you missed it!

Apologies if you were one of the people I didn't reply to, I set a threshold price and the many offers below that just didn't get a reply due to lack of time.

If it makes you feel any better, there's a Precision that I am completely in love with, but sooo reluctantly walked away from, as the story behind it didn't add up, even though it sure was a cracking bass. GUTTED!

Hey ho...plenty more fish in the sea, good luck in your quest!

[quote name='AM1' post='546847' date='Jul 21 2009, 06:48 PM']Sorry you missed it!

Apologies if you were one of the people I didn't reply to, I set a threshold price and the many offers below that just didn't get a reply due to lack of time.

If it makes you feel any better, there's a Precision that I am completely in love with, but sooo reluctantly walked away from, as the story behind it didn't add up, even though it sure was a cracking bass. GUTTED!

Hey ho...plenty more fish in the sea, good luck in your quest![/quote]

Hi and thanks.
Despite being bass chatter for couple of months, 1st I saw of it was Sunday night on evil bay. E mailed straight away, just asking if could meet on M25 if I was the lucky winner.
I guess I was a couple of hours too late!
Anyway, £450 plus carrage would have been in budget due to a recent lucky break. If the new owner doesn't get on with it, could you let me know (now, where's the fingers on my voodoo doll of the new owner?).
Thanks again,
Karl.

• 2 weeks later...

this bass appears to be back on e bay starting at 99p, at least some of the pictures are identical
Is this back on sale or is it a dodgy auction
number: 190325497683

Edited by bumnote

[quote name='bumnote' post='557433' date='Jul 31 2009, 09:01 PM']this bass appears to be back on e bay starting at 99p, at least some of the pictures are identical
Is this back on sale or is it a dodgy auction
number: 190325497683[/quote]

Yep! Defo a rabbit away somewhere. :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='557729' date='Aug 1 2009, 12:40 PM']They are using exactly the same photos, how very odd.[/quote]

The oddest thing is that they are using a pic that wasn't even in this thread but it is patently the same bass and set of pictures... this leads me to think that the eBay listing originates from AM1; who may well have had the sale fall through and then listed it on eBay! Who knows. :)

Theres something a little strange about this. Its a bass offered for some while here at £450, which is quite high compared with the prices CIJ have been fetching on ebay.

It was twice on the bay unsold if I remember right also at £450.

Then AM1 said it was sold with the inference that it went for advertised price. Now ita on sale at 99pence no reserve.

Hi - I've been away again, apologies for the late reply.

Just to clarify - the person that is currently selling this bass is the person that bought it off me (at the advertised price). They seem to now be reselling the bass already and have used my pictures.

For clarity - that bass was sold by me to Raga65, whom is now selling it on. In my dealings with him, he was fair, polite and honest. I am fairly sure I know the reason for the bass being up for resale so quickly, but that's another story.

Regards

AM