Why become a member? ×

Any suggestions for a 1 x 8" cab for practice?

Bass Culture

1 hour ago, Bass Culture said:

Thanks for the additional replies, folks. Defintely thinking about the buiild route as the price difference between that and the most suitable alternative (probably the C2) is substantial.  There's been some great suggestions - thanks for all the input so far.

I bought the C2 while we were mid Covid lockdown , bought it new from the States, and probably paid too much for it. But … I use it every day. And my wife , who doesn’t care for big black boxes, absolutely loves the cute little red one. So at the end of the day I’m quite pleased with it.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2023 at 16:45, msb said:

I use a C2 at home for low volume practice. A bit pricey , but lovely sounding cab , not gig suitable by itself.

I use one of my C4s similarly. I thought about a C2 (because I'm a PJB fanboi), but couldn't justify it. My C4s are gig suitable and one is small enough to be fine for use at home.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2023 at 15:45, tauzero said:

That included the wood. B&Q stores do free cutting for five cuts, then 50p/cut afterwards, not sure if that's all of them and you'd need to inspect the available wood to get the best: https://www.diy.com/services/timber-cutting

As for the build:

From memory, the B&Q cuts are only guaranteed to be within +/- 5mm. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

From memory, the B&Q cuts are only guaranteed to be within +/- 5mm. 

I used them lots before I bought a table saw, never had a problem. You are there as they do it so you can check before you leave the store, and most of the staff (the ones they trust with machine tools anyway) are really helpful.

On 06/03/2023 at 12:00, Bass Culture said:

You're from Chester a city I have a soft spot for. At one time my family lived in Helsby in fact they are all still there after they all passed away. I went to Helsby Grammar School for Boys and bought my first bass in 1962 when I was sixteen.  Thank you for an unintended walk though memory lane. Stay well. :)

Edited by BassmanPaul