Why become a member? ×

Markbass 102p traveler

Bassist on the Run

10 hours ago, BassAdder60 said:

I had that cab with a LM3 head and it worked well 

Me too, and still do. Adding a second cab is always an option too, stacked vertically of course, it’s tall!

Mine doesn’t see as much action as my little Elf and Barefaced One10’s though, but that’s down to the gigs I’m doing.

Rob

• Like 2

Decided against the cab and I think I’m 75% heading down this route. I’ll only be playing pubs for now so no need for the 810 ampeg rig quite yet 😂 this looks to have everything I need and I can stack it should I need a bigger sound which at the moment is very doubtful. Any thought would be appreciated 

DA86EF3A-937E-469F-8F23-B76010C97ABF.png

• Like 1

My thoughts. Combos are more cumbersome and heavy to move. I like the flexibility of heads and cabs and the fact you can mix and match. In case of amp failure, a combo is a little more tricky to swap over to a backup. But, I'm sure that amp will sound great.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

My thoughts. Combos are more cumbersome and heavy to move. I like the flexibility of heads and cabs and the fact you can mix and match. In case of amp failure, a combo is a little more tricky to swap over to a backup. But, I'm sure that amp will sound great.

I hear ya man but i can seem to find a cab and head in my budget. I’m also only using eBay as I can use PayPal credit etc which means I won’t get a divorcé immediately 😂 

• Like 1

I don't see how separate head[with that cab only] would be less cumbersome than combo; need a bag and another hand to carry.

Also can fit any LM series amp in slot or most other amps also and have combo amp as backup in bag or get a top for it.

If your the type who likes to change amp's and Cab's frequently because you can or on endless search for 'That Sound' then separates are the way to go. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

What, if anything, did you think that the 15 was going to add to the 2x10? Curiosity feeds the question. 

the price I paid for both was not far off the asking price for the 210 so if anything it was an investment, but playing with the 15 in certainty adds some clout. 

• Like 1

Many, many players think that a larger cone equates to a greater ability to produce lows. This is far from the truth as there are 15s that go higher than an average ten and tens, like those used in my Acme cabinets, that will happily thrust a Low B all day long. Secondly matching cabinets always work well together whilst dissimilar may not.

Try stacking your boxes on their ends so that the drivers are vertical. You may just love the result. I certainly did! :D

I love your Warwick. My Streamer is still the best sounding bass I own. It's tuned B E A D as I usually now play my six string basses. :)

Edited by BassmanPaul

3 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

Many, many players think that a larger cone equates to a greater ability to produce lows. This is far from the truth as there are 15s that go higher that an average ten and tens, like those used in my Acme cabinets that will happily thrust a Low B all day long. Secondly matching cabinets always work well together whilst dissimilar may not.

Try stacking your boxes on their ends so that the drivers are vertical. You may just love the result. I certainly did! :D

I love your Warwick. My Streamer is still the best sounding bass I own. It's tuned B E A D as I usually now play my six string basses. :)

Thanks for the info man. I have a streamer too and love it. 

5392829A-9C6D-42EC-B00C-B76A5DC835F0.png

• Like 1