Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Free from SBL

TheGreek

I can heartily recommend and endorse the Tredders Bass Method (TM).   It involves doing the minimum of practice, and then buying progressively more expensive basses, on the premise that "they'll make me play better".

It hasn't worked yet, but I can feel a breakthrough coming on any day now.  I obviously just need to buy a couple more expensive basses...

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, tredders said:

I can heartily recommend and endorse the Tredders Bass Method (TM).   It involves doing the minimum of practice, and then buying progressively more expensive basses, on the premise that "they'll make me play better".

It hasn't worked yet, but I can feel a breakthrough coming on any day now.  I obviously just need to buy a couple more expensive basses...

I subscribed early doors to this method…

I’m still waiting for results but I’ve enjoyed the process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a lifetime SBL member and have also bought one of the Accelerator programs. All in, maybe cost me the price of a half-decent bass. The challenge is on my to find the time to get into all the content - just knowing its all there for me is helpful but ulimtately it comes down to me be willing to invest the time. I haven't so far but I'm sure it will happen.....and I do genuinely believe it will be worth the money. 

14 hours ago, tredders said:

I plead guilty as charged, m'lud....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 25/02/2023 at 12:04, TheGreek said:

It's clear that Scott isn't pitching his courses at the likes of many of us who have been playing 20 years plus. 

I like Scott and his videos. Not all of them have something to offer me but those which do are really helpful. 

More power to him I say.

I always believed that he was pitching his courses towards wannabe session players. I managed to score a lifetime membership a couple of years ago so I tend to dip in and out whenever something particularly interesting comes along.

I think Scott would like to pitch to as many people as he can. And rightly so. The whole part of segmenting tuition and accelerator courses is to reach people that might not otherwise have been interested or relevant to the contact. I'm sure that if he launched a Double Bass Accelerator with a leading player, there might be a few people on here who would be very interested, as an example. The more people that SBL has in its network and community, the more content can be released and the higher the value of those customers to new content and other companies.

• Like 1