Why become a member? ×

Ear Trumpet Nadine Double Bass Microphone - *SOLD*
£495
Carlisle

bassadder

Hi Guys 

Brand new Nadine bass mic only tested to make sure it works and it sounds great. However I’ve been offered a Scheops CMC6 MK41 which my teacher uses and I’ll get more use out of it in my home studio.

Amplify your upright as naturally as possible with our Nadine for upright bass

A mountable medium-large diaphragm condenser mic that has been specifically designed just for upright basses. Our easy-to-use mounting system can be taken on and off in 30 seconds, no tools required, making Nadine both easy to move from instrument to instrument and secure enough to leave on one bass permanently.

The low end is tuned to give a flat response at the mounting distance, and the cardioid pickup pattern provides very natural sound by picking up as much of the surface of the bass as possible, within the constraints of the close placement. There's great rejection off the back of the mic, allowing use with stage monitors.

Physically, the mic is separated into the body, which securely straps to the tailpiece with velcro elastic, and the head, which mounts easily between the strings above the tailpiece using a rubber grommet. The 14-inch Mogami cable that connects the two parts makes it easy to place the mic ideally on any bass.

Nadine is used and road-tested by artists like Christian McBride, Missy Raines, Barry Bales, Chris Wood, Daniel Kimbro, David Jacques, Jimbo Wallace, Kyle Whalum, Martin Wind, Mark Schatz, Viktor Krauss, and more. All our products are handbuilt in Oregon with a lifetime warranty.

Open to offers…. So don’t let the price put you off.

0ECC23FB-B2B2-4194-9843-77998D2AA805.jpeg

9E17BE7D-839E-4F7A-9865-34A7CF1F3FEE.jpeg

768EC5D6-BF95-464A-BCD0-8AFEF02A5F6B.jpeg

91FF779B-F71F-49E5-BCE0-9DDD3F1C6D92.jpeg

Edited by bassadder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spyder said:

I have an AI Clarus 2plus and double shot. 

Would this mic be a good match for small / medium gigs?

I rather think not. I haven't used my Clarus for ages (it's in a box somewhere) but I don't recall it having phantom power and there's no dedicated XLR input on it.

When I use my Nadine, I use it with an EA Doubler which is designed for exactly this sort of rig. They're discontinued but can still be found pre-owned. Alternatively you could of course run the signal through a preamp (or maybe a DI box?) which supplies the 48V, but in that case life is starting to get complicated.

The Nadine sounds absolutely excellent, really lush, and looks way too cool, but it's not as feedback-resistant as their marketing would have you believe. For low-volume gigs where your tone is what you want to capture faithfully, Nadine is a perfect choice. For louder gigs and/or noisier environments, not so much.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I rather think not. I haven't used my Clarus for ages (it's in a box somewhere) but I don't recall it having phantom power and there's no dedicated XLR input on it.

I have the Clarus like the one below.

Has XLR and phantom power.

Screenshot_20230212-135608~2.png

Edited by spyder

3 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

When I use my Nadine, I use it with an EA Doubler which is designed for exactly this sort of rig. They're discontinued but can still be found pre-owned. Alternatively you could of course run the signal through a preamp (or maybe a DI box?) which supplies the 48V, but in that case life is starting to get complicated.

The Nadine sounds absolutely excellent, really lush, and looks way too cool, but it's not as feedback-resistant as their marketing would have you believe. For low-volume gigs where your tone is what you want to capture faithfully, Nadine is a perfect choice. For louder gigs and/or noisier environments, not so much.

As we both know Jack, there is no feedback-free solutions, simply less risk of feedback solutions 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• bassadder changed the title to SOLD Ear Trumpet Nadine Double Bass Microphone