Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith Burner 4 1993 - Gone to a shop - *WITHDRAWN*
£1500
Newbury (ish)

Gardenerben

Price Drop £1400

Picked this up recently on here from Mr Travis, original advert attached. Trying to thin the herd but really struggling to choose, so this is simply last in first out.

Please see Andys pic and original advert. Lightweight 3.6Kg (Bathroom scales), plays really well and sounds great. Player wear, bit of buckle rub and little marks in the finish but nothing that effects playing. Most obvious pic's attached.

Collection or meet within reasonable distance. Shipping possible at buyers cost and risk.

PXL_20221227_101049328.jpg

PXL_20221227_101042775.jpg

PXL_20221227_102924485.jpg

PXL_20221227_101213397.jpg

PXL_20221227_101110240.jpg

PXL_20221227_101058816.jpg

Edited by Gardenerben
Price
  • Like 17

Japanese. I actually prefer these to the American made Smiths. Very, very underpriced too. I'm surprised it hasn't gone. I've been looking for the 6 string version for years now - the only one I've seen in the last 12 months is the one on eBay at the moment but the guy wants ludicrous money for it... hence why he's had it up for sale for months and months. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Gardenerben said:

Yep Japanese made, my understanding is they all went to Ken Smith in the US for final set up, thus the signature in the control cavity.

So, I believe.

I used to have a bright red one (probably made about 90/91). I gigged it for quite a few years until it got replaced by a couple of more robust Warwick Streamers (I was always worried about the extreme headstock angle and whether it would take being thrown around onstage like the Warwicks). I eventually sold it to buy a 57 AVRI P bass, which I wanted for a particular project. 

Great bass though - lightweight, sweet sounding and played great... 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2022 at 11:41, Gardenerben said:

Yep Japanese made, my understanding is they all went to Ken Smith in the US for final set up, thus the signature in the control cavity.

I’d think that he would’ve gone to Japan to do the final set ups and checks for a big bunch of these basses 😁,either way, he approved them.

GLWTS 

• Gardenerben changed the title to Ken Smith Burner 4 1993 - Price drop
  • Gardenerben changed the title to Ken Smith Burner 4 1993 - Gone to a shop *Withdrawn*